Yeah, definetly save up and get a DSL.

You'll just end up wanting a full valve anyway, so it'll save you 200 quid in the long run if you just wait and get a proper valve amp.

The amp itself is good value, but it's still better to wait.
The AVT is basically a slightly better MG. Nothing special about it, and deffinately not worth the money. For that price, you can do much better, or save up for something better.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Thanks for the advice, and MatrixClaw, could you name some of the better amps for the price range? I play mostly Led Zep, Hendrix, Classic rock type of stuff.
peavey classic 30/palomino V32
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Laney VC30 is an awesome value for the money in the UK and IMO a better amp than the Classic 30.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Yeah, I'd go for a VC30, great amp, I used to own one, really liked it for what it was

But try out the ones ssguitar said too, you might like them better, it's all preference
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
+1 to the Laney.
AVT's aren't worth the money.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I suggest to pick up a used jcm 800, better than dsl for sure and way better than avt!
Definitely have a look round for a good used valve amp - there's some great bargains available once you get above the £250 mark.
Otherwise the VC30 is excellent, though I personally prefer the Fender Blues Junior - I spent two years gigging with one, doing mainly Cream,Hendrix,Zep and so on. It's a great little amp for the money!
Also worth hunting down is the Hughes and Kettner 'Edition Tube' which has some great sounds for the price.
Quote by MrCarrot
Laney VC30 is an awesome value for the money in the UK and IMO a better amp than the Classic 30.

+1

and to answer the original question: no. avt's are useless if you ask me. yes, i bought one back in the day.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?