Wise people of UG

how would i go about making the sound of my guitar or keyboard come out of the my computer speakers after plugging it into my mic hole on my laptop

it doesnt have a line in so i have to use the mic, and in the sound options the bar is moving when i play, so it is hearing it.

is there a way to do it, or some software that will do it for me?