I really want to get a 7 string just not sure which to go for, I've come up with a few I really like.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/esp_ltd_viper407_blks.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_s7320bk.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/jackson_dk7_christian_olde_wolbers.htm

I really like this one, but its a lot more then I wanted to spend and i think its going to be a case of paying for the name.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/esp_ltd_sc607b_bk.htm
ps. I know I need to play them, but I want an idea of what there like and some like the esp are going to be near impossible to find where I live.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Last edited by sepultura alma at Oct 15, 2007,
yeah I thought the sigs might be a bit overpriced, I really like the ibanez but I really like the ltd viper too, i don't like ibanez necks that much though as I find most of them to be too thin and flat.

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
bump

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A

I just love posting that picture of my RG7620

Seriously, Ibanez knows how to build a sevenstring.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Did Ibanez build the first ever 7 string for Vai, or is that one of those twisted myths?
Quote by JackalUK
Did Ibanez build the first ever 7 string for Vai, or is that one of those twisted myths?

That's a twisted myth.

One of the first seven string players was a jazz guy named George van Eps, who used a seven string hollowbody. Inspired by his playing it was Michael Angelo Batio who was amongst the first to play an electric seven string. Steve later got the idea from him (at least Michael told me he did), just like he stole his double neck idea (which he most certainly did).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
whats the neck like on the ibanez 7 strings??

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
Quote by sepultura alma
whats the neck like on the ibanez 7 strings??
Like most Ibanez necks, thin and flat. Begins like this:

Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
yeah like i said before I'm not a fan of there necks because I find them too thin and flat, i really like the necks on Jackson's and esp's because there thin, fast and comfortable, not flat though or too thin so there's barely anything to it.

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
well id get the esp b.c i like the shape and neck, but you should also try to check out some schecters also...i like the 7 string schecters
yeah I've heard some good stuff about schecters never had a chance to play one though

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
Quote by sepultura alma
yeah like i said before I'm not a fan of there necks because I find them too thin and flat, i really like the necks on Jackson's and esp's because there thin, fast and comfortable, not flat though or too thin so there's barely anything to it.
But Jackson necks tend to be just about as flat as Ibanez necks, and have pretty much the same thickness. Not familiar with ESP necks, but I'd guess they aren't drastically different. Schecters are a whole different galaxy though. I mean, try an Ibby neck, you might like it.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
^ the ones i've tryed there was quite a difference but that might just be the models I've tryed, anyway i'll give them a good look cause they seem to be a good choise by the sounds of things.

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
Quote by pifty
But Jackson necks tend to be just about as flat as Ibanez necks, and have pretty much the same thickness. Not familiar with ESP necks, but I'd guess they aren't drastically different. Schecters are a whole different galaxy though. I mean, try an Ibby neck, you might like it.

Jackson are thicker. Not by a lot but they still are.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
I'd go the Ibanez, you may not liek the thinner necks but they arent that much thinner, hell I played a fender one time and barely felt the difference between that and my ibanez.
I'm just throwing in my opinion here, but dont settle on an ibanez without playing it. I find their necks uncomfrotably thin for my large hands and you may feel the same way.

A jackson or ESP would have a more comfortable neck IMO. Thicker but still shredable. But thats according to my personal opinion. It all depends on how your hands are
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350