i was wondering what they are like, to get an idea of peoples experience as the closest place is Birmingham to try them and its a 90 minute trip to get there.

I was originally going for the new spider valve - played them at sound control and was very impressed with the upgrade from the poor spider 3s.

the laneys seem like good metal amps, and would be one of the best options for me as, being in england, anything like mesa/ bogner/ engl etc are either too expensive or impossible to find.

negative and positive comments welcomed and appreciated! thanks
Ibanez iceman ICT-700 white
Schecter C1 Classic (Amber)
Schecter C1 Classic (tobacco burst)

Laney VH100R head
Laney VC50 combo
Laney gs412la cab

Various Boss pedals
Either of those Laneys will absolutely destroy a Line 6 Spider, tubes or no.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The Laney GH50L is amazing.
It has LOADS of gain, seriously.

And, even though it sounds...zomg amazing sex for teh ears..cranked
It still sounds good at lower volumes.
My Setup!
Schecter C-1 Elite..

Laney GH50L
Crate GX412 Cab
Crate XT65R

EHX Holy Grail
BBE Sonic-Stomp Sonic Maximizer.

Member #24 of the EHX Guild
I bought the GH50L recently...I don't use clean often, and if i do, the song stays clean, so I could cope with the single channel.

Without any effects/boosters, with the gain not completely cranked, i got some brutal sounds.
Easilly heavy enough for older metal like Megadeth, Metallica, Anthrax, and when its cranked a bit more, with the mids scooped and the prescence up, it gets too much gain for me.
Its insane.
Roll it back abit, and you can get Van Halen like tones. Its a fantastic amp for all styles, except maybe something where you play all clean, and maybe jazz.
WIth a boost pedal (SD-1 or similar), you can have as much gain as you'll ever need, even for like hardcore death-grind stuff or whatever it's called these days.

It sounds nice, sounds tube, but still high gain. you can get a reasonable Dream Theater tone real easy. I love it. But, it's one of those amps some will love, some won't.

If i had my recording stuff working right, i'd get some clips. I can have some in a few weeks probably.
Simply put, the GH100L is the best amp I've ever played. It beats the sh*t out of all other Marshall, Peavey, Mesa Boogie, Engl, Soldano... whatever. Ok, maybe Marshall cleans are a 10 out of 10, or so do the Mesa high-gain, but this Laney is easily above 9 on both channels
Plus, it's a lot cheaper
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by Mahoru
Simply put, the GH100L is the best amp I've ever played. It beats the sh*t out of all other Marshall, Peavey, Mesa Boogie, Engl, Soldano... whatever.

I 100% agree.
I picked mine up for £279 off ebay and it kicks the **** out of every other amp I have tried playing.
Also with the 100watter and a neck single coil you can get 10/10 cleans.
Quote by iamtompublic
I 100% agree.
I picked mine up for £279 off ebay and it kicks the **** out of every other amp I have tried playing.
Also with the 100watter and a neck single coil you can get 10/10 cleans.

My 5150 II would like a word with you two

In all seriousness, though. From what I've heard of the GH100L's they sound SICK.