Quote by sashki
GENERALLY it's through necks, because they have no heel.

However, there are a lot of set neck guitars these days where the heel is sanded down, so they feel the same as neck-thrus.

+1. Guitar like Hamer started that trend IIRC... Fender Showmasters are like that too. The line between neck-thru and setneck is really blurred nowaday, as they are both really similar to each other, unless you get a more traditional guitar, like a Gibson or PRS.
Quote by CJRocker
+1. Guitar like Hamer started that trend IIRC... Fender Showmasters are like that too. The line between neck-thru and setneck is really blurred nowaday, as they are both really similar to each other, unless you get a more traditional guitar, like a Gibson or PRS.

Yeah, Gibson and PRS both have massive heels. Actually, PRS doesn't have so much of a heel as an un-carved section of the neck.

Close to the part where it meets the body, the neck is square. Not all, but a few PRS have this
This is the back of my carvin

Great upper fret access. Not as much as to do with the neck as it does the body design though. I find it more difficult to reach the 20-22nd frets on a les paul or explorer than say an Ibanez RG with the soloist (very cutaway lower horn)
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio