theres a guitar at my local guitar shop that im looking at, its a red razorback but i can get it in black too. its 400 dollars and i need to know what you guys think of it if youve played it before. it doesnt have a whammy bar which i dont want because i already have a nice guitar with a nice floyd rose, now i need a guitar with out one. heres the guitar. and also if this guitar is good with low tunings, like drop c is probably the lowest i'll tune. thanks. this is the guitar:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Razorback
2nd member of the "Rock and Roll will never die but if it does,
I'm sure as hell going to bring it back
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
If it's a bolt on, don't buy it, if it's a real Dean Razor with a neck through, BUY IT!
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
$400? It's an import Bolt-On, I played one at Guitar Center. Not many stores have the USA models, too expensive, and there are too few of them to mass distribute. If you're looking for a real Razorback, check gearhounds.com or somewhere like that.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
how can i check if its a bolt on or neck through. im going there sometime this week so ill check but im kinda a newb at buying guitar, but im not a newb in general lol.
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
^ If there are bolts in the back of the neck joining it to the body, it's bolt-on
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
ok thanks
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
^Yeah just look at where the neck connects to the body. Look in back and if there are bolts, its not something you should go after. I think it is a Bolt-On, but its best to check just in case.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
It is a bolt-on. I've played them before. IMO the neck is a lot more comfortable than the piece of crap V shaped necks on the $1,099 ones.
Signatures are overrated.
is it still a good guitar even though its bolt on, is it unable to handle low tuning and also standard E because its bolt on?
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
heres the gearhounds page of the guitar in black, all teh details too. tell me if its worth it.
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!
A decent bolt on neck will serve you just as well as any neck thru bodied guitar. People hear "bolt on", and they automatically think piece of garbage...
Be cool.
If bolt-ons were such a bad thing people wouldn't buy Fenders. That aside, I think it's kind of a rip off for that Razorback. It's made in China and it's got stock Dean pickups. It's an entry level guitar of the same quality that Washburn used to sell for $300. Dean likes to overcharge people for anything Dimebag related. I would probably wait on it.
Signatures are overrated.
I used to think all bolt on necks were junk but I have been told by several guitar repair men and a couple guys who build guitars saying if the neck is installed right it there is nothing wrong. I just built a guitar and I installed the neck in the pocket and you can hold the guitar by the neck with out the screws holding it and it stays connected even when I move it around. This is the way I was taught to make a bolt on neck guitar. People love Fenders and most of those are bolt ons! DEAN makes a decent low end guitar if you like the way it sounds and the feel I would say go for it. Just play it on a similar amp at the store just to make sure.

John
I almost bought that Dean but the guy at the store told me it was already sold and on hold. So i ordered A Custom 79 Z that actually played and sounded better and looked nicer too.
so is there any dean you guys would suggest thats bout max 500 dollars. id prefer an ML or a razorback.
" hells yea!

PM Pedalboard to join!