I'm saving to buy a new guitar. I currently have a Fender Strat and I want to get a guitar for playing hard rock/heavy metal. Both the SG and Firebird cost around the same and have the same pickups. I can't decide which would be better in the long run, which would hold it's value. Please advise.

Thanks

Dan
I like SG's more, but that's just a personal preference, the thin taper neck is what I like about the SG...
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
I personally like the SG
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
I'm sure they'd be about the same. It's probably just depends on which shape you like better. I look both shapes but I'd go with the SG because I like Angus Young.
I'd go for the firebird, cause you don't see to many of those about.
I've only ever seen one person with my own eyes play one.

Other than that it's always on TV.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Both are pretty wicked, but for me the Firebird has the edge. Just because you never really see them that often. The only really famous band that I know that uses them regularly is the Foo Fighters. But either guitar is gna rock. \m/
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."