so, I know there's 3 threads a day on this, but the high E string on my Gibson SG Faded is buzzing like crazy past the 7th or so fret. I'm guessing it's because the action is just a tad too low, but I can't see it hitting any frets or the pickups, so I don't really know. Is it probably because of the low action, and if it is, how would I go about raising the action on the string?
Quote by marktuazon
can't you adjust the bridge? raise it perhaps?

that's what I was asking.. how would I do it? I know there's some sort of screw to loosen, but I don't know exactly what to do.
Lower your action slightly, or raise it if your strings are really low to the fretboard.
Dean From Hell
Jackson USA King V
Randall RG-50 TC All Tube Combo
Quote by Exsuratientoel
Lower your action slightly, or raise it if your strings are really low to the fretboard.

great, but how would I go about raising the action? I know you can raise the action for the entire guitar with the wheels under the bridge, but can't you somehow raise the action for the individual string, too?
no you cant. not on a TOM.

the only way, would be to slip a bit of paper under in the nut, under that string. lifting it a bit, seeing of that does the trick.

if it does, then at least you know you have the option of building up that nut cut, going for a heavier gauge string, ect...
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011