http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Special-Mahogany-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=511165

do you like it?? has anyone ever used? i play heavy metal/metalcore/hardcore but i like to play wayy more lighter stuff and make some good clean riff but its kinda hard to do with custom ceramic pickups (its the ibanez guitar) and i might change out the bridge humbucker but it looks like it might be powerful enough
what are your thoughts on this guitar
damn your sig

I think that'd be a good idea, especially if you replace the humbucker, since it's pretty much crap.

I'd also consider the HSS with the floyd rose, though, especially if you play metal. I don't know if you're a fan of them, but I'm just throwing it out there.
black dalhia murder
the devil wears prada
burden of a day
in other words i like to drop tune ALL the time but again i dont think i wouold be using this for heavy metal porbly when i feel more clam or for jazz band or something
It should be a great guitar, especially for what you play. Most metal bands tend to avoid using the neck and middle pickups for rhythms, and you have the hbucker in the bridge, which is good.

You should be able to get everything you want with that guitar. My biggest concern is that it's a Fender and not necessarily meant for metal. You might want to consider a dual humbucker guitar such as a Les Paul (which is very versatile as well) just for the higher output in the neck. Or you could invest in an HSH pickguard if you find it really lacking punch in the neck.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
i know this dude but when i want to paly more mellower stuff at home or when i make my own clean riff i think if i was performing i would want to use this one instead of my ibanez with custom ceramics but im saying what i generally play but most likely wont play very much of on this guitar
it looks hot! :P
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Quote by convictionless
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Special-Mahogany-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=511165

do you like it?? has anyone ever used? i play heavy metal/metalcore/hardcore but i like to play wayy more lighter stuff and make some good clean riff but its kinda hard to do with custom ceramic pickups (its the ibanez guitar) and i might change out the bridge humbucker but it looks like it might be powerful enough
what are your thoughts on this guitar

I played it in a guitar center once and all I could say is wow. One of the nicest guitars i've played.

Very comfortable, and the neck was really nice. Sounded pretty good, but I remember the amp was at a low volume.
Seems like it'll be versatile enough, i'd go try it out though.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
ok good to know, what should i change the bridge pickup too? i was thinking a seymour duncan jb and i dont think i would put a active in it
Quote by convictionless
ok good to know, what should i change the bridge pickup too? i was thinking a seymour duncan jb and i dont think i would put a active in it

Bareknuckle Warpig
Dimarzio EVO
Dimarzio Fred
Dimarzio Dropsonic
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
If you are looking to spend that much amount of money and a pickup change. You might as well get a parker

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Parker-NiteFlySA-Electric-Guitar?sku=510663

It has a piezo system as well. Which is always a bonus

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Dude, id buy that, change the pups, put in locking tuners and its basically a mahogany american deluxe. Its already got the 2 pt trem, and a LSR roller nut...what more could you want from a strat?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
ya its pretty sweet guitar is that rolloer nut that nut htat has tiny little metal balls in the nut so it stays in tune bettter kinda like a floyd but without the locking trem pretty much