Now i will really do it. It will shock some fender hardocore fans.
My project is to do a fender mustang for metal.

Specs:
Stewmac 24 fret neck through
Schaller floyd rose
Pickups: maybe SD livewire dave mustaine set or blackouts or you say it...
Body wood: alder, ash or mahogany.
neck scale: 25''

The original mustang has a 24'' scale but i made a photoshoped image with a scale on the same proportion. I just need to make the body a bit bigger to suit the bigger scale.

I want to keep the classic looks. Matching headstock, competition stripe maybe a shell pickguard.

I've photoshoped (using paint) this image just to have an idea.

MAIN QUESTIONS:

-The fret access is bad. I don't want to ruin the body design by doing giant cutaways.
What can i do about this?

-I must do a real size image to make templates and measures. How do i do it?
Quote by s.r.v.
are you experienced at all? cause routing a floyd isnt easy.

To be quite honest, i routed my 1st guitar today, and routed out a floyd rose cavity, and it was a bit of a pain, but i just followed dimensions precisly and it works fine,
i didn't find it hard at all, just took a lot of patience
Quote by superbadboy2
^If i don't route the floyd rose cavity, i will never be able to route anything. I just need to be patient and have the right templates.

Stewmac do good templates

I've done some modifications on the design. Now the fret acess is better. What do you think about the difference? The lower part of the body looks a bit big. Should i keep it like this?
Ahh! No, do not keep it like that.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
idk if i would do a Mustang for a metal guitar. Id do the bigger sized Jaguar. It looks cooler i think. And is the NT neck long enuff to do that?? Id do a body a little like a Jaguar with the offset waist, but with more horn-like cutaways. And double humbuckers with on/off switches and coil-tpa or a series/parallel switch.
^Thanks. Great help.

I haven't thought about the extension of the neck. I don't want jaguar style bodies. I already have a toronado. I "pushed" the body down so that i don't need to make deeper cutaways. I made cutaways on paint and they look ugly and the guitar wouldn't look vintage. I also think that the second image looks bad. I could make the body tynier so i wouldn't need to make deep cutaways.
Quote by superbadboy2
^Thanks. Great help.

I haven't thought about the extension of the neck. I don't want jaguar style bodies. I already have a toronado. I "pushed" the body down so that i don't need to make deeper cutaways. I made cutaways on paint and they look ugly and the guitar wouldn't look vintage. I also think that the second image looks bad. I could make the body tynier so i wouldn't need to make deep cutaways.

sorry i came off as an ass there...

but i think your second revision to that body makes it look MUCH better,
idk what it is, but standard mustangs just look kinda "plain" to me....
maybe give it a more bold color also, that blue doesn't go very far into "BROOTALX" territory
good luck tho