OK im looking at a epiphone sg. Are they as bad as people say? I need a guitar that will give me good distortion and cleans. Any info on them or other suggestions are welcome.
why does it have to be an sg? because everyone else is using them? i suggest perhaps an ESP viper or maybe the ec series.. i guess i'm just being bias
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
I was just thinking about it because i heard it would give me better cleans then the les pauls and give me better distortion then a strat
Quote by marktuazon
why does it have to be an sg? because everyone else is using them? i suggest perhaps an ESP viper or maybe the ec series.. i guess i'm just being bias

Maybe he likes the way they look and feel?

For classic rock, blues and such, a G-400 will do the job very well, however anything below that is garbage.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I don't know who told you they were bad.
Which SG are you talking about?

The G-310 to be honest isn't worth it, it's got a bolt on neck and really isn't much, i'd get something else.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-G310-SG-Electric-Guitar?sku=518280

However the G-400 is a great guitar (only a $100 more) for the price, set neck, mahogany body and all, for the price it's pretty good and plays nicely enough. I recommend trying one though.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-G400-SG-Electric-Guitar?sku=518291
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
sg's seem to vary depending on the guitar from what most people tend to say. i have yet to play one thats bad though. Just keep looking around
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
the G-310 looks kinda cheaply made to me the G-400 on the other hand looks really nice and all i really know about them is what i read on here and i know most people on UG are bias for the brand of the guitar they have.
G-400 is a great guitar. Very good value.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
For fuck's sake, do a damn search! I see no less than 3 Epiphone G400 threads a day...

Just here you have 10 lovely pages of G400 info.
Quote by crust_punk
For fuck's sake, do a damn search! I see no less than 3 Epiphone G400 threads a day...

Just here you have 10 lovely pages of G400 info.

wow sounds like its someones time of the month
I have an epiphone sg and my suggestion is save up another few hundred pounds and get a Gibson SG special faded worn for £450 quid

EDIT: from the awesome www.guitarguitar.co.uk
Last edited by Skirvy at Oct 14, 2007,
Quote by Skirvy
I have an epiphone sg and my suggestion is save up another few hundred pounds and get a Gibson SG special faded worn for £450 quid

EDIT: from the awesome www.guitarguitar.co.uk

My first guitar was a G400.

I think both the G400 and the SG Faded Special are pretty mediocre guitars for the price; there are far better guitars in the price range of each.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Oct 14, 2007,
Quote by OfficerSxyPants
wow sounds like its someones time of the month

It sounds like it's someone's time to learn how to use UG's features properly.
You asked for info on the guitar and I gave it to you.
what's ur amp?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i have an Epi SG junior and i love it

the tones awsome, great with distortion.

The tuners are garbage though, need some grovers.
Quote by silentdob
*waits for the legion of Dimebag fans to beat me to death with bottles of Jack*