The other day, my good friend and I went to the Source, because we needed a spare guitar to help us with a physics project. We thankfully found one at 26 dollars, which was horribly made and very well used. We took it apart and used what we needed. Now I have a spare body lying around that I am going to use to build my first project. It is a strat body (pictures posted soon) and I do not know what do do where. I will probably need to custom build a pickguard and either buy and/or make my own pickups. The body isn't even made of wood and is extremly light. Any ideas/suggestions/help will be greatly appreciated

Ps. If you make anything custom and would like to send/display it on my guitar (Custom Pickguards/Pickups) PM me and let me know. Thanks
if it isn't made of wood,maybe u shouldn't bother...maybe u should look into buying some real wood and carving a body.
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
St T's. Uhh... I think it's made of some composite stuff. I don't have near enough cash to build my own guitar completely from scratch. I will soon, but for now, do you think the light composite body will be enough? I'll have pics up sometime late, late tommorow
2005 MIA Fender Telecaster
Dunlop Hendrix Wah Sig.
Ibanez T-808
Fulltone OCD
Big Muff Pi w/Tone Wicker
Fulltone Mini DejaVibe
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Sagrado Poblano Boost
50W Kustom Defender
There are alot of people experimenting with comosites, they have been for years. They usually find the only positives are weight and most people revert to good old wood for tonal reasons.

But this is no reason why you should be put off. Pics would be great at this stage. The only problem with composites is you'll find them harder to work with in some cases. A hint to what kinda composite we're dealing with will go along way to help us help you! (FRP, GFRP, concrete, bone, etc etc...)

- Rich
Thanks. I'll put the pics up tommorow so you guys can let me know what you think I should start by doing.
2005 MIA Fender Telecaster
Dunlop Hendrix Wah Sig.
Ibanez T-808
Fulltone OCD
Big Muff Pi w/Tone Wicker
Fulltone Mini DejaVibe
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Catalinbread Sagrado Poblano Boost
50W Kustom Defender
id definately save ur money to get a body blank and maybe a new neck, preferably pre-made. Making a Neck-thru with parts from Stew Mac might only come to about $550 or so. Maybe less depending on how crazy u go with it. The only thing that would take up alot of time is the finishing with the lacquer curing.