So I just recently got a TI-89 Titanium for free.
No, I didn't steal it.
A friend who didn't want it gave it to me, because he's odd.

Anyways, is there a program or application that will find the domain and range of a function for me?
Also, is there one that will find horizontal and vertical asymptotes?
Because I don't understand them.
But once I do understand, I want a shortcut, because I'm lazy like that.
Please, any help is greatly appreciated.
Originally posted by TheBaron
I'm thinking you've got a beard...

Originally posted by Thornography
Okay well I want whiter teeth... and I would like to know if rubbing sandpaper on your teeth is safe or not.
Domain is just the farthest the x intercepts will go.
Range is the farthest the Y intercepts will go.

On a parabola, it'd look like: {x|x E r} --> the E is actually a Greek letter Epsilon, I think. It means that X is any real number.

Y would look like {y|x E r, y > __} and you'd fill in the Y coordinate of the vertex. It will change based off your graph, but I'm assuming you're only doing quadratics or else you would probably already have to know what they are.

Circles and elipses are pretty simple. You just fill in the farthest points of your graph on each side.

EDIT: I don't know about those programs, but I want your calculator. 89 is, what, 250 dollars? 84 Platinums are 150.

I'm so jealous
Last edited by PopNFresh07 at Oct 14, 2007,
Yeah my professor for calculus showed us how to put the programs in. I could go to the closet, and dig through mounds of boxes and fiddle around with the calculator for a while and write down the program for you but.... well I just don't feel like it.

/douche move
Quote by Allnightmask22
It's like an internet "_____ Name Generator." Close family member + crude name for genitals + compromising sexual scenario + embarrassing or unknown sexual state (IE: Bestiality, incest, necrophilia) = Insult Gold.
I thought that the range was the x-intercepts, and the domain was the y-intercepts.
Maybe I just have a horrible math teacher.
If I had more programming knowledge I'd write my own program, but I think that would take forever.
Originally posted by TheBaron
I'm thinking you've got a beard...

Originally posted by Thornography
Okay well I want whiter teeth... and I would like to know if rubbing sandpaper on your teeth is safe or not.