I was really stupid when I did this but...

I own an old Cort guitar I bought a few months ago. I was tuning it up one day and the machine head snapped in half. It didnt just break apart, the metal actually cracked into a few pieces. I thought no big deal, i'll just play with the remaining 5 strings. I started tuning another one and it COMPLETELY fell apart. These machine heads weren't that good to begin with, so i cut the strings, took the machine heads all off and decided to buy some.

I bought some from musicians friend, and I was stupid to not look at them before. When they arrived, I found out right away that they didnt fit. My guitar uses vintage style machine heads and musicians friend didn't even carry them.

These are the one's i bought:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Grover-102-3PerSide-Guitar-Tuning-Keys?sku=361000

These are the ones I needed:

http://i7.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/bb/e7/aaab_3.JPG

So yeah, just a warning. Musiciansfriend wanted me to drill holes in my guitar instead of sending them back. But that lowers the value of a classic dramatically. Dont make the mistake I did!
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
yaa there just too lazy to have to process it back into the site and have write up on it trust me ive boughten some pickups and they i got the wrong sized they sent me a f spaced pickup -.- and it didnt fit nor sound that great and they told me to pretty much cut up my guitar soo it would fit and im like "your not allowed to say that, either return it or will get your ass fired" and that guy just sat spechless for like 30 seconds and was like "ill give you a full refund sir sorry for the inconveinice" after i hanged up i didnt like the dimarzio pickups it was too much mids in the pickups for me so i lied and when i sent it off i got my money back hahahaha but thats just a little funny story and sorry for the big run on sentance ive only been up for like 30 min
I contacted musicians friend to tell them that i'm sending them back. And when they asked why, i said because they didnt fit my guitar. Their response was "There is nothing wrong with the machine heads, you'll just need to bring your guitar to a shop and let them drill the holes."

Now i knew there wasn't anything wrong with the machine heads, obviously, but they were pretty sarcastic about things. It is my fault though.
Quote by Ignite

Quote by Meths
^the second pic don't look like vintage style machine heads...

do they have a refund policy?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
They are vintage, but more of "predated machine heads" more than anything. And musiciansfriend pretty much says they have a full 30 day refund policy. I'm sending them back tomorrow.
Quote by Ignite

Quote by Meths
There are several different size holes for tuners. Obviously smaller will fit in a larger hole but not the other way around. The people who work at places like musicians friend dont know much about what they sell. There job is to answer the phone and sell things, any thing. Places like warmoth have the sizes listen for tuners. You didnt say if the tuners have a name brand probably not if they are cheap ones. Grover is a pretty vintage brand and they make locking if you want them.
Its called capitalism. I had the same pay system working on cars it promotes dishonesty. The more you sell the more you make. And most corporations dont care anymore if your happy with their product. They will just sell to the next person. Its the short term corporate strategy. Make all the money you can now the future will never come. Is why now I dont buy guitars I build em, I dont buy pedals I make em. If I want something some effort has been put into and will work correctly its the only way to go.