This is probably old but i read that Alexi Laiho talked **** about Dream Theater and their music and stuff. So it got me thinking, who is the better player Alexi or John? i don't only mean speed and stuff also songwriting, like who makes better riffs.

My vote goes to John i think he is pretty much better in everything, though Alexi is a great player but i think John is better!
John Petrucci, by far. He's a far better composer than Alexi can ever be.

And aren't vs. threads not allowed in here?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
No versus threads, *reported* (hopefully I did this right, I've never reported a thread before, someone else do it just in case).

And just so you get one response, John owns him technique wise, but songwriting, and riffs is opinion.

Edit: Sorry mate, but rules are rules, and this will probably just turn into a flame war.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
johns better

alexis good, but he can talk about john
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Whip and Chains Excite Me!!

Got'em!
they're both all talk...

there are way better players than both of them...

jimi, page, vai, satch...the list is relaly long, and then you can see john and alexi...

but they still are good players...only overrated

that's just my thoughts about it...

also alexi isnt so much better than petrucci that he should talk **** about him...its insane...

but who cares...i just listen to their music...and i dont wanna be THEM...i wanna pick up the good things from them...
Quote by stebbic
oo sorry didn't know that VS was banned here sry xD

It's alright. It's just that this will turn into a flame war between cob fans and dream theater fans, so just close this thread.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by sum_ugly_man
they're both all talk...

there are way better players than both of them...

jimi, page, vai, satch...the list is relaly long, and then you can see john and alexi...

but they still are good players...only overrated

that's just my thoughts about it...

also alexi isnt so much better than petrucci that he should talk **** about him...its insane...

but who cares...i just listen to their music...and i dont wanna be THEM...i wanna pick up the good things from them...

Jimi and Page? Pentatonic damn near everything > not Pentatonic? I love the guys, but srsly.
Quote by Kensai
But they have to be sarcastic or something... or just messing around.

Surely people this dumb must've failed to breathe a long time ago.
Out of personal taste i like Children of Bodom more than Dream Theater but yes Petrucci is better than Alexi.
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
Quote by HedBanger24/7
Out of personal taste i like Children of Bodom more than Dream Theater but yes Petrucci is better than Alexi.

+1
lol didn't think this question would be ever asked. Petrucci> Alexi and his family's musical talent combined. Ie, better composer, FAR better technical player, etc etc

End of discussion

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
The amount of fail presented in this thread is astounding.

I hope it gets closed soon.
Member #8 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Lawl, it hasn't been closed yet. Anyways, John by far. Alexi isn't really anywhere near John on skill level.