http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rogue-LX205B-Series-II-5String-Bass-?sku=512229

i was originally gona get a 10$ bass off ebay but then came across that. i need a bass for school (ima guitarist) and wanted to do something other than euphonium. right now im using my friends and i really always wanted a 5-string. the only problem is that ive never heard of rouge before...are they a good company?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
no... i had the 4 string version, and it felt and sounded like playing a chair (without the seat) with strings attached.
i thought i had magic fingers once, and had uncovered the fountain of love.

turns out my girlfriend was just peeing on me.
Quote by djsteiner
no... i had the 4 string version, and it felt and sounded like playing a chair (without the seat) with strings attached.

a chair without a seat with strings attached, can you help explain that analogy?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci

Writing music is hard D:
In reality it is truly a ****ty bass, but I had the 4-stringer as a starter and I do have to say that the thing is ****ing indestructible. The tone is awful (unless played through a very nice amp) and you will get fret buzz regardless of action, that said the electronics are reliable (this does not mean they are good it just means that they do not fail) and overall it is not bad as a starter bass. If you are serious about playing I suggest springing for an ibanez or Yamaha starter kit.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Quote by Beast_Within
In reality it is truly a ****ty bass, but I had the 4-stringer as a starter and I do have to say that the thing is ****ing indestructible. The tone is awful (unless played through a very nice amp) and you will get fret buzz regardless of action, that said the electronics are reliable (this does not mean they are good it just means that they do not fail) and overall it is not bad as a starter bass. If you are serious about playing I suggest springing for an ibanez or Yamaha starter kit.

hmm, im not extremely serious about it, but i just want to know and explore every basic technique. so i guess that means, can this thing handle some slapping and popping? cuz i dont like spending money on a piece of ****. also, is this a good deal for a STARTER BASS?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci

Writing music is hard D:
i cant go for something more expensive, i got 80 bucks and my parents wont give me more than 50... ive tried swindling my friends to pitch in but theyre too busy saving for some stupid ****.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci

Writing music is hard D:
You could save for a few more months (e.g. the sure flow of cash christmas brings) and get a much better bass and or a cheap bass amp to go with it. Guitar amps will not suffice.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I'm just going to say this once.

Get a Yamaha RBX170. Its great for the price. Its $180 but your getting a great bass guitar for someone like you.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Quote by Phillitalian
a chair without a seat with strings attached, can you help explain that analogy?

simply stated: it sounds and feels like it has no business being called and instrument... or even existing for that matter.
i thought i had magic fingers once, and had uncovered the fountain of love.

turns out my girlfriend was just peeing on me.
Go to store and buy something used. You might be able to find a used Yamaha, Warwick, Ibanez or Squier