I'm a singer/songwriter/pianist living in Mansfield and I'm looking to start a band. If you play an instrument or sing, perhaps you might like to join. I've got experience in nearly every genre of music so just throw ideas at me and we can talk.
An update: found a guitarist and we've decided to go down the rock route. So we need a bassist and a drummer.
Just thought I'd add that I'm female and the guitarist is male.

Seemed important to say it, since people keep being really interested in us and then realising I'm a girl and THEN telling us that they don't want to be in a band with a girl.

Oh, and if anyone knows why this might be, please let me know. I'd love to know what I'm supposedly doing wrong.
Quote by TurkFox
Just thought I'd add that I'm female and the guitarist is male.

Seemed important to say it, since people keep being really interested in us and then realising I'm a girl and THEN telling us that they don't want to be in a band with a girl.

Oh, and if anyone knows why this might be, please let me know. I'd love to know what I'm supposedly doing wrong.

You aren't doing anything wrong its just that lots of guys dont want to be in a band with girls.

Seeing as how i'm one of those ppl that you are referring to heres some of my reasons why:

1. In my first band the drummer was my girlfriend....then we split up...guess what happened to the band?

2. In another band the bassist (a girl) fell for me....i think you can imagine that her boyfriend wasnt too happy about the situation, so that was the end of that band.

3. I wouldn't want MY girlfriend to be in a band with a load of blokes - spending time away with them in vans and hotel rooms! so even if you dont have a boyfriend now - you may get one and he might be like me (and most guys).

4. I just think that in most cases (not all - there are a few notable exceptions) women in rock bands suck.

those are my reasons.

as i said in my email to you i wish you luck coz i have nothing personal against you and i hope you manage to achieve everything you want to.
I'm not even going to dignify that with a proper response.

As for your comment, "I just think that in most cases (not all - there are a few notable exceptions) most women in rock bands suck" - nice to see sexism and gross generalisation are still going strong. (As you cannot see me, I'm actually rolling my eyes and sighing.)

To everyone: I would never date a guy who wouldn't want me to be in the band. Just like I wouldn't date a guy who wanted me to stop cosplaying. Or even a guy who wanted me to change my hair or clothes. I'm also professional enough to seperate business and leisure. Just so you all know that.

I think I'll start a new thread, back on my own again with a new direction anyway so I'm looking for a different type of musician.
Quote by TurkFox
I'm not even going to dignify that with a proper response.

As for your comment, "I just think that in most cases (not all - there are a few notable exceptions) most women in rock bands suck" - nice to see sexism and gross generalisation are still going strong. (As you cannot see me, I'm actually rolling my eyes and sighing.)

I'm sorry HITLER am I not allowed to have an opinion?

Whatever happened to freedom of speech? This is England!!!