I'm getting a Schecter Omen 6 soon and I was wondering if there was any effect pedals that could get a close sound to James Hetfield's guitar (especially on "The Call of Ktulu"). I will use this for recording straight into my computer's Microphone jack so don't ask about amps. If there's a better substitute for the Omen 6 around the same price, I would also like suggestions on that.
Quote by chrisofeihenjar
uhhh...use what james hetfield used

i dont know what that is,but it should work

lol, you'd think wouldn't you
TS you won't get anything near James hetfields tone without a decent high gain amp and a decent distortion/overdrive pedal.

plugging into the microphone jack won't give you a decent recording. plus there is no pedal in the world that can emulate a cranked mesa with tons of rack units.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I think he uses MESA´s right now... in the older days, Marshall.
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
He used Marshall's on the first two albums, then Mesa's. And now he uses anything from Kranks, to Marshalls, to Mesas, to Diezels. He's got it all.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Quote by chrisofeihenjar

well no not really. you can have all the gear that hetfield has but still not sound like him, because hes going to play the same riff you play differently
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by ssguitar
well no not really. you can have all the gear that hetfield has but still not sound like him, because hes going to play the same riff you play differently

well yeah,but the same basic sound is there, even if he doesn't play the same way
Quote by chrisofeihenjar

Compare Mark Morton's tone to John Petrucci's tone...

Maybe you should just invest in a recording interface such as Amplitude, guitarrig, or Line 6 Toneport/Guitarworks
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
^^ yea the basic tone will be there, but i can have all john mayers stuff, yet i wouldnt sound like him, because though i think he is really good, and my style is heavily based from his. I still draw other random influences (pop punk, metal (everything from poisen/GnR/Van Halen to Lamb of god/Shadows fall)). but yea you will get close if you want to. i like to try to make things my own. but if you wnat that type of sound then yea thats all good
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Mesa Boogie Triaxis would get you very close. Hetfield doesn't use distortion or overdrive pedals, hes quoted as saying they add a "****ty coating" to the sound, or something along those lines.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by Guitar-God-Elf
a proco rat

+ a hotrodded Marshall = Early Metallica
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio