Hi, to let you know, I don't think I've ever posted in here so I have little to no idea what's going on modding wise. All I know is what a resistor, LED, and soldering iron are.

Point is, I was wondering if I can mod my small clone so that the input doesn't clip with my EMGs. See the EMGs are so hot that it distorts the input of the chorus and the only way to remedy it is to turn down the volume which screws other things over. I was wondering if I can change like one component to make it take better to humbuckers without altering the tone of it at all.
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
?

i've played a Jackson with the 81/85 set into a Marshall and it didnt clip at all.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Oh... Well those are both bad things.
And yeah I know to play softer but when you want to strum out those chords with chorus it doesn't work out for me. So no one has had that happen?
By the way it's somehow even worse when in the fx loop.
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
Something like a simple voltage divider over the input would work well, you could use a trim-pot so it's easily adjustable if you ever change guitars.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Ok just for anyone suggesting the obvious, I've done it all. But I'm intrigued with this magical voltage divider and trim pot nonsense you speak of.
By the way, the way it's working, it acts like a limiter, but instead of just not letting it reach the same volume, it doesn't reach the same volume, then clips.

The random hero how hard would said mod be to do? I have a friend with the necessary soldering iron so could you maybe elaborate?
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
Quote by Nocomment
Ok just for anyone suggesting the obvious, I've done it all. But I'm intrigued with this magical voltage divider and trim pot nonsense you speak of.
By the way, the way it's working, it acts like a limiter, but instead of just not letting it reach the same volume, it doesn't reach the same volume, then clips.

The random hero how hard would said mod be to do? I have a friend with the necessary soldering iron so could you maybe elaborate?

It's really quite easy actually. You use a trimpot to make up a simple voltage control (same as a guitars tone control) that you place after the input and before the signal reaches the circuit board.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
So this could all be inside the thing itself and wouldn't take up to much room? Or I could drill like a place for a knob right?

P.S. Will this affect overall volume or tone of the guitar at all? If so, how? and how much?
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
Answer to above question?
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
Quote by Nocomment
So this could all be inside the thing itself and wouldn't take up to much room? Or I could drill like a place for a knob right?

P.S. Will this affect overall volume or tone of the guitar at all? If so, how? and how much?

Well, I've been doing some thinking. Another way to do it would be building RG Keen's Adjusticator and placing this in a separate pedal before your Small Clone. This involves a bit of knowledge/electronics skills though.
If you want to stick to the easiest way, you could use a trimpot to set it and forget it, or a normal pot so it's adjustable from outside the case. It shouldn't affect your tone too much, but the obvious reason for doing it is to affect guitar volume (when the effects in bypass it won't).