Hi! This is a solo from one of my songs...
Tell me what you think? It's in my Profile
!
Don't *** on it being boring or mindless..or whatever... I'm not the best guitarist or anything.

It's in Eb Phygrian Dominant, played at 190bpm.
The start of the solo is an all 3rds Sweep
The first "low" lick (00:15-00:17) is based (Sorta Ripped off) on one by Mark Tremonti
At 00:20 I do a Dave Mustaine like trill
At 00:40 I make mud with an open string

I've been playing for About 2 years and 3 months....

Can you guess what guitar, amps and fx I used?
Last edited by meanmrmustad at Oct 14, 2007,
Wow. I've been playing for about 2 years and 6 months and I'm nowhere near that level of speed. Nice work.

While not my real style of music, Some of the runs are really great. I like the one you mention around :20, that was probably the highlight of the song.
IT IS NOT A SHRED SONG!!!!!! ITS A THRASH METAL SONG... THIS IS JUST THE SOLO FOR THE SONG!!! SPEEDY SOLO thanks
I didn't enjoy it much. You've got speed and talent, Maybe use some random sections for the rhythmless shred stuff, but you could incorporate that actual speed into a well organized solo, and not a random shred wank thing.
Dude we've been playing the same amount of time and I cant play that fast.
did you use a cube to record?
Quote by Teh_Ben
I didn't enjoy it much. You've got speed and talent, Maybe use some random sections for the rhythmless shred stuff, but you could incorporate that actual speed into a well organized solo, and not a random shred wank thing.

Thats not very nice! I planned out the solo first!!! :P

I used a Marshall JCM800 head , a Boss EQ and a Yamaha Microphone
I used an Ibanez RG270DX
Last edited by meanmrmustad at Oct 15, 2007,
theres a pattern i follow for practice or solo's.
get gradually faster and faster each day, then once you reach the ultimate speed, slow riiiiiiiiiiight down and rework it, im not saying its bad, it needs to be more pleasant to hear.
That wasn't exactly tasteful playing, it almost seemed as if you had no regard for the rythem section and just chose to play as fast as you could through scales.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
It's not bad. Not at all. The speed is defiately there, and minus a few points where it sounded sloppy or out of time, it was good as far the hands go.

However, it sounded the same the whole time. There was no melodic structure to the solo, nothing to keep the listeners attention. I agree with the person who posted above me in saying it seemed like you were just running through scales as fast as you could, however, ask any great soloist, and speed is important, but not as important as phrasing, and the melodic nature of the solo. Also, there's no dynamics in the playing. To be honest, it just sounded like the same thing for about a minute.

Your technique sounds good, and it sounds like you have a good grasp on theory, however, work on your phrasing, and making your solos more memorable. Some of the best soloists can do more with 3 notes than others can do with 3 billion.

Crit mine? http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=692964
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
do you by any chance listen to avenged sevenfold? that solo sounds alot like something syn would do, it was pretty good though
very good techique and speed but as others have mentioned work on making it more memorable sure guitar players will hear your solo as is and say hey he's fast but that will be the extent of it.when you get your phrasing and rhythm to the level your speed is at you will be able to sit back and proclaim I am the juggernaut!
Quote by Cocnut Rag
That wasn't exactly tasteful playing, it almost seemed as if you had no regard for the rythem section and just chose to play as fast as you could through scales.

You sound like my mom.

I thought it was pretty good.
Nice banana, Andy Warhol.
Ive only been playing two years? can anyone teach me how to make it more "melodic"? this is a rock solo ... hehe not a shred song!