any one have a freind OBSESSED w/ soad...if so tell me and how to get him listening to other bands...?

yes, i know i have an soad avatar, i havent been on UG for a while... i used to be obsessed though... i still like the band to but if you show this guy anything else he's like "man that sucks,, put in Toxicity!" and that aggravates me for some reason
i play bass,,, Jesus pwns ur face,,,

originally posted by garret:
The name sucks, you might as well call yourself "we take it up the a**"
Last edited by AH_bass at Oct 14, 2007,
Coming from the guy with a soad avatar?

Does it really matter what he listens to? He'll listen to other things eventually.
No none of my friends are obsessed with soad.

I once had a friend obsessed with soap though
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
SOAD are actually good and have a good message. Just feel lucky they don't like Green Day or Fall Out Boy cause I know someone who would go gay for those band he loves them so much...
I was an obsessed SOAD fan...Until Hypnotize...That kinda killed it for me.
i was a NOT-OBSESSED soad fan for about a week. then i got over them. i was then introduced to the world of Children of Bodom.
give some satch
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Time Bomb
I liked their first 3 albums.
And I have a friend who is obsessed with soap.

Something I wish all SOAD fans were obsessed with
Quote by Jehuty
Oh noes, God forbid someone having different music taste than yours. Oh well, it doesnt matter anyway, cause your music MUST be far superior to his!

well...its basically the fact that it's all he evr talks about and he is completely stubborn and unwilling to try any other band basically

i guess that stuff just aggravates me more than othhers
i play bass,,, Jesus pwns ur face,,,

originally posted by garret:
The name sucks, you might as well call yourself "we take it up the a**"
Quote by AH_bass
well...its basically the fact that it's all he evr talks about and he is completely stubborn and unwilling to try any other band basically

Why does it matter?
If he likes the band, he likes the band. Get over it.
Quote by AH_bass

Well then, the fact that he listens to SOAD doesn't matter. It's more a personal issue of close-mindedness than the fact that he's a massive SOAD fanboy. Maybe talk to HIM about it? Instead of asking the Pit-monkeys. Cause we can seriously be a pain.
Quote by that_1_dude24
Why does it matter?
If he likes the band, he likes the band. Get over it.

+1
We all have favourite bands
show your friend a vid of SOAD live. itll make him not good at sentence structuring and horrible in math. hopefully itll get him to listen to better bands
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Superpartydude5
I had a friend who was obsessed with green day, I wanted to cry...

Of joy?

Green Day is one of my favorite bands, From 1039 smoothed to American Idiot

Hate me if you want

Quote by -SpasticInk-
SOAD IS DEAD
long live mr serj tankian

They're only on hiatus. They said themselves that they're gonna get back together eventually.
Quote by Phillitalian
show your friend a vid of SOAD live. itll make him not good at sentence structuring and horrible in math. hopefully itll get him to listen to better bands

I saw system back in '06 and it was one of the best performances I've ever been to.
Last edited by zombie_monster at Oct 14, 2007,
Give him some time, he sounds like the kind of guy who will listen to them way too much, for way too long and just just get bored.
Booyah

Sinforsale....I guess you were right. I was wrong.
Quote by Phillitalian

I love System live, Just gotta make sure you don't go to the shows were they are all high. Although it is quite funny
Quote by AH_bass
any one have a freind OBSESSED w/ soad...if so tell me and how to get him listening to other bands...?

yes, i know i have an soad avatar, i havent been on UG for a while... i used to be obsessed though... i still like the band to but if you show this guy anything else he's like "man that sucks,, put in Toxicity!" and that aggravates me for some reason

I think it's cool you copied my idea and applied it to another band (I'm the guy who made the metallica version of this thread)

And as a matter of fact

I also have a SOAD obsessed friend .
Let him listen to SOAD and learn to accept him for who he is?
Oppression, quiet and Repressed
Swept under the seams
the bed of the acquiesced
where we sleep, insomniac dreams