I've been lent a copy of pro-tools but I don't have an m-box or whatever. Could i just get a 1/4'' to 1/8" adapter and plug into my computers mic port? Should i do it from my amps line out to fix my tone? Will i blow my sound card? What am I asking So many questions?
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Fuzzycows5157/canada.bmp[/IMG]
thats gay. Can I do the same thing with free-ware?
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y5/Fuzzycows5157/canada.bmp[/IMG]
I've done this with AmpliTube

1/4'' to 1/8'' cable into the Microphone input (Directly from guitar to computer)
"Wanna see a trick?"
And it's a good thing too..so many people are "borrowing" these nice programs these days....
The people spend money on making great programs and don't get paid back on sales.

I think requiring the hardware for PT is a great counter action against all this.
Last edited by moody07747 at Oct 14, 2007,
Quote by moody07747
and its a good thing too..so many people are "borrowing" these nice programs these days....
the people spend money on making great programs and don't get paid back on sales.

i think requiring the hardware for PT is a great counter action against all this.

Not in my opinion... I have purchased both Logic Pro and Pro Tools and I find them both great but def over priced....

The people that actually put the hard hours in and made these programs are not really making that much whereas apple and digidesign are pulling in millions with over priced hardware and software. Pro Tools M-Powered is a great buy don't get me wrong and its fairly cheap, but I think it should be more broad and allow other hardware to be used -- Pro Tools is slowing getting shorted by the far more advanced Logic (which is open to every hardware) and I think sooner we will see the switch to Logic.

That being said, borrowing programs is kinda unfair because I have spent my hard earned money on them and some people get the same quality without raising a penny.

iLok is the real invention that will be a great counter action to software stealers.
I've done it that way before, I blew my sound card. But then I've had other occasions when I've been at a friends, and he did, and it worked fine. It's really up to you.

But remember, it can blow your sound card. I'd look into a USB interface or something.

-Codims
My iPod could do that in like 5 seconds.
There is no physically possible way for Protools a piece of hardware specific software to blow up a physical soundcard. What is it gonna do - make it work so hard that it melts? You might screw up your drivers and settings trying to MAKE your soundcard work with Protools - but that certainly is not the fault of Protools.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.