Can someone tell me what's the difference between Quilted and Flamed top please ? I haven't figured out.

Thanks.
quilted:

flamed:

Quilts have sorta of a circular watery sort of look, wheres the flamed have a distinctive lined appearance
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
In short, a quilt is like a map with height contours and a flame is like an opened book. Here are some pics of figured maple which will make it clear:

Flamed maple:

Birdseye maple:

Quilted maple:

Spalted maple:

Burled maple:

You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by metalgirl0
Can someone tell me what's the difference between Quilted and Flamed top please ? I haven't figured out.

Thanks.

You made a pun and you didn't even notice.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
cool, never seen a black quilted les paul before. shure is puurdy
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
a good sample of spalted maple is the absolute mutts nuts, unfortunatly they are far and few between (check out the bc rich classic exotic mockingbird on the bc rich site and you'll see what i mean)
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
a good sample of spalted maple is the absolute mutts nuts, unfortunatly they are far and few between (check out the bc rich classic exotic mockingbird on the bc rich site and you'll see what i mean)

My dad has one of these, it's awesome:

^ that's not a bad sample either, but then they go all out on the images, it varies big time from guitar to guitar
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
^ that's not a bad sample either, but then they go all out on the images, it varies big time from guitar to guitar

The one on my dad's guitar is fine (can't get pics though, mainly because I'm about to go to bed, since it's about 00:36 here...)