Does anyone here have perfect pitch? Like honestly?

I have like, relative pitch. I'm normally a semi tone or 2 off. But my music theory teacher has perfect pitch, like amazingly perfect. I don't know if it's really amazing, but it's the first time I've seen it, so it is to me. I can play like 4 or 5 notes all together on the piano and he'll name them all, it's incredible. I've given him random tones, and he's named em perfectly, like the bell that signifies the end of class, or the tone of the censor when they beep curse words.

It's so cool, I wish I had it.
The thing I think about is like, guitar, I know an EADGB...and so I use that from my self tuning stuff to guess other ones.

Discuss...
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Quote by Zida
i know a dude with perfect pitch, its insane.

Isn't it?

It's so cool.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
perfect pitch is rare and often is mistaken for good relative pitch. notes can vary by such a small bit at a time that to truely have perfect pitch is quite a thing. to regular people, good relative pitch might seem like perfect pitch. how would they know? there are tests though that you can do where the notes get closer and closer together. someone with perfect pitch should get it perfect. the closest i have got was 3. something hz apart and i think the lowest is 1 or decimal something...not sure. but i cant do that score consistantly. usually around 5-7. so to answer your question, no i dont have perfect pitch but my relative pitch is pretty good.
Where can I take such a test?
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
What Blind said.

Next time you meet your teacher Fool, tune your guitar 5-10 cents higher or lower than normal (you'll need a tuner for this) and than ask him to name the notes off of that guitar. If he really has perfect pitch he'll notice the notes being tuned higher.

And to answer your question; no I don't and I doubt anyone here does have it. It's extremely rare.
Quote by mr. broken
What Blind said.

Next time you meet your teacher Fool, tune your guitar 5-10 cents higher or lower than normal (you'll need a tuner for this) and than ask him to name the notes off of that guitar. If he really has perfect pitch he'll notice the notes being tuned higher.

And to answer your question; no I don't and I doubt anyone here does have it. It's extremely rare.

He notoces stuff like that too. Like a while back, the piano at school was out of tune, so I said sing an F# and I did, and asked if I could check him on the piano, and he said yeah, but the piano was slightly sharp. So I checked him and sure enough, he sung it, and the piano was sharp.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
I can tune a guitar, almost exactly, like within 10 cents, without any reference note, just striking each string, and tuning it.....

But I can't name a pitch as I hear it, unless it's one of those notes.

I can hear when any pitch is even slightly out of tune though, again within 10 cents.

Is this Relative Pitch?

Cheers -
Daisy
Gore AND Core; unite!
My music teacher has said to me sometimes perfect pitch can be a bad thing. Imagine taking part in a choir and hearing everybody just slightly out of tune...
I've been developing it.

For me it's like a sixth sense I've never used in my life but have always had.

Like I'd be listening to a Rhapsody of Fire song and randomly blurt out G Aeolian

or my cat would jump on the piano and hit a random note, and I'd just say D without thinking about it.

I'd later walk up to my guitar/piano to double check myself and be absolutely right.

Then again if I'd try to seriously guess the note or key, it'd usually take me 2-5 tries to get it right.

So I guess perfect pitch is more of a developed intuition. You just sort of get used to hearing all the same major chords for guitar and middle c on piano that you just sort of internalize it.

Well that's atleast how it is for me.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
I have perfect pitch, but it's not fully developed.

From Wikipedia:
Possessors of absolute pitch exhibit the ability in varying degrees. Generally, absolute pitch implies some or all of the following abilities:

* Identify and name individual pitches (e.g. A, B, C#) played on various instruments
* Name the key of a given piece of tonal music
* Identify and name all the tones of a given chord or other tonal mass
* Sing a given pitch without an external reference
* Name the pitches of common everyday occurrences such as car horns

I can do the first,second and fourth abilities, emphasizing on the first.
my guitar and my piano teachers both have absolute pitch.

I really couldn't imagine someone without it teaching me