For Tool?
I much prefer the sound of an AD, but I want one with enough delay to do Tool with... does such a thing exist?
I dont want to have to use 4283402394 batteries an year for a DD pedal.

I think 800ms would be enough.

Thanks.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
I don't think there is anything analog and cheap with that much delay. I would look on Ebay for something like a Yamaha E1005 Analog Delay. I got one for $25 a few years back. I think its about 900ms or so. Moog has a couple just out but they are running over $600. Digital virtually took over the market. Cool if you could find an old Echoplex tape delay but they are vintage. Good luck.
^ if he doesnt even want to deal with batteries, i doubt hell want to deal with maintainence and changing tape cartridges. also, the moog delay is very skippable. i say this as an absolute delay freak though.

maxon makes an analog delay that does 900ms. i think it's exactly what you want.
EHX #1 Echo. It's warmer than most digital delays, up to 2 seconds of delay, 100 bucks, and doesnt take batteries, but rather comes with a power supply
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Quote by TehJermie
^ if he doesnt even want to deal with batteries, i doubt hell want to deal with maintainence and changing tape cartridges. also, the moog delay is very skippable. i say this as an absolute delay freak though.

maxon makes an analog delay that does 900ms. i think it's exactly what you want.

The maxon site says it only does 300ms of delay... Looks like a clone of the Ibanez AD9 which has a similar thing, but can be tweaked to give 500ms apparenrtly... and that's still not enough.

Quote by Johnonon
EHX #1 Echo. It's warmer than most digital delays, up to 2 seconds of delay, 100 bucks, and doesnt take batteries, but rather comes with a power supply

Thanks, I have looked at them but I really can't be bothered with power supplies. I cant use a daisy chain system because my wah doesn't like power supplies with more than 200ma running though them, and it's just more practical to use batteries.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Quote by guitaristclass
Thanks, I have looked at them but I really can't be bothered with power supplies. I cant use a daisy chain system because my wah doesn't like power supplies with more than 200ma running though them, and it's just more practical to use batteries.

Why not have the daisy chain power supply and the wah supply?
Emo is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art.

Quote by TMVolta19
Music can't really be judged, since it's all on the same level. Unless it's screamo. then it sucks.
Quote by guitaristclass

It doesnt have 200ma running through it, it has a 9v voltage applied to its circuit and the current depends on what its impedance is. the 200ma is simply the maximum amount of current the transformator of the power supply is designed to handle. My 20ma bad monkey has no problems working with a 500ma power supply
Last edited by 1337void at Oct 15, 2007,
Quote by guitaristclass
The maxon site says it only does 300ms of delay... Looks like a clone of the Ibanez AD9 which has a similar thing, but can be tweaked to give 500ms apparenrtly... and that's still not enough.

maxon ad-999
Delay Time 40 mSec - 900 mSec

dont doubt me, im a delay freak.