One that transports the signal. All these Monster Cable etc business is a rippoff, in my opinion. One that is reasonably thick does the job just fine.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
i like live wire cables, they have a lifetime warranty, and are just as good as monster imo
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
epiphoen les paul standard
fender standard fat strat
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah
Cream cables are 'try before you buy' and high quality. So you can avoid getting ripped off if you're not satisfied..
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Quote by fexnah
One that transports the signal. All these Monster Cable etc business is a rippoff, in my opinion. One that is reasonably thick does the job just fine.

True. But, gold conductors really do make a difference.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Don't buy Monster cables; the company is run by a bunch of assholes.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
people have different needs as far as cable. for myself, i like something that doesnt add any eq or coloration whatsoever and pushes as much signal through to preserve the response and nuances of the instrument. but basically, nothing you can buy at guitar center(unless you go to a GREAT one).
To be completely honest, I never thought it would make a difference what I used as long as I kept to short leads. Then I bought a cable from Evidence Audio, and became a convert to good leads. The difference is in fact audible.
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
True. But, gold conductors really do make a difference.

No, no they don't. The gold gets worn off anyway, and 99% of the signal transfer is still not gold. It really doesn't matter.

The cable does, however. Different cables have different quality, its not BS.
The only guitar lead that's never failed me so far is actually a fender 'Vintage Voltage' cloth-wrapped cable. I really didn't think it'd be especially good in either sound quality or longevity, but i've gotta say it's a great piece of kit!

For patch leads and so on, Planet Waves make decent stuff. There's also tons of custom companies (George L's and Bullet Cable spring to mind) that make great products, but it's a personal choice really....
lol yeah, don't I know it....takes me ages to get them wrapped up after a gig!
Sad but true! The downside to wireless is when you play a really tiny gig in a pub or something....and every guitarist in the vicinity thinks you're a wanker.

Still, they're getting cheaper every day - and in a few years' time we'll probably all be using Bluetooth or whatever....
How are the braided cables?
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
I must said, get the VOX cable, gold cover.
Quote by TooLateForRoses
"My anus is bleeding uncontrollably, what should I do?

Quote by GuitarNinja12
I have a Fender DVD and theres a tour of the Factory in California that makes American Strats. All of the employees were mexican. So American Strats are also Mexican Strats.