Hey UG, I don't have a super good amp, but was wondering if the softwhere out there such as amplitube2 would allow me to plug my guitar into my computer and use the PC to make the sounds, I don't really know a whole lot about this technology

Any suggestions as to what softwhere would allow me to play my guitar on my PC and hear it as I play it and record it.

theres quite a few sticky's but they have so many to choose from, kind of overwhelming, so I'd appreciate any help you may bring forth
I believe programs like amplitube2 only work with interfaces and not sound cards.

you could go with a Toneport interface which comes with some software which will act as an amp.

check out the UX1
http://line6.com/toneportux1/

If you do use your standard sound card and find a program that works with it you will run into a lot of latency issues so when you play you will have delays before you hear the guitar sound on the computer.

The Toneports like the UX1 and UX2 have outputs on the box that will give near zero latency monitoring with all the added FX though the gearbox software.

BTW ive heard AL which comes with the toneports isn't the best program ever made but you can use Audacity in place of it which is a nice program and free for download.
I use Amplitube 2 and don't use an interface - just a 1/4" -> 1/8" adapter into my LINE IN (not MIC IN). Works fine with Guitar Rig 2 too.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
There is a lot of programs. If you dont want to buy hardware and use ur PC you can look into Guitar Rig 2 or Amplitube..... Guitar Rig is better in my opinion. Or you can go full out and buy Logic Studio and use the Guitar Amp Rig built in...
Emagic make a nice interface, i hear cubase is the daddy of recording software
well I could either get a Peavey Valve King 112, with Metal Muff, or some sort of computer thing, figured It wouldn't hurt to see if the computer stuff was anygood, I could always get a good mike system to record with and use soft where to edit it to make it sound better
Quote by ovdojoey
There is a lot of programs. If you dont want to buy hardware and use ur PC you can look into Guitar Rig 2 or Amplitube..... Guitar Rig is better in my opinion. Or you can go full out and buy Logic Studio and use the Guitar Amp Rig built in...

I use Logic Studio and it's own GUITAR AMP PRO - it's awesome - but I'm on a Mac I don't believe the OP is... it's MAC ONLY.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!