One last question: do chromatic tuners give you any open string, or only when they're at standard?

Like, if I wanted C tuning, when I'm tuning down, would it show a C on the top string or just a really really low E?
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
You should play in standard playing a c tuned guitar is too easy, so in my eyes is for people who cannot play well.
You don't want to tune down to much with out setting it up properly.
In the dice game of life, who gets the last roll
He didn't ask if he should play tuned to C.

Most, if not all chromatic tuners will show the note that's being played - so if you're playing a C, it will show a C. When you get down low it's a little more murky, but you shouldn't have a problem.
Dimebag is overrated. Sue me.
It would show one of the 12 notes, and then how sharp/flat you are relative to it.

The two above me are reported for flaming the threadstarter.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by uvq
You should play in standard playing a c tuned guitar is too easy, so in my eyes is for people who cannot play well.

Why SHOULD you play in standard tuning? Who makes the rules? If its C standard then its EXACTLY the same, just 2 full steps down, and what an absolutely stupid thing to say, using a drop tuning does not mean you cant play well, it just means you use a drop tuning.
Diezel, Motherfucker
the point of a chromatic tuner is to display the note being played
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by uvq

what the hell difference does the tuning of your guitar make on your ability to play
Alright, thanks

And btw, I usually play in standard, I just wanna learn some Dethklok.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.