I went to guitar center with a friend today and saw one. I've been meaning to try one out, but I didn't think they'd have it so it wasn't even on my mind.

They're $850 normally, and it was marked down to $600 cause it was a floor model. They also had a 30 112 marked at $600, so I asked a dude why they were the same. He checked the computer for me, and told me it was on sale for $500, and I could not pass that up.

I'm new to tube amps, but as far as I know, the tubes seemed pretty new. Everything was in perfect condition besides it being a bit dusty.

I've heard nothing but good things from this amp, and my ears agree with all comments.

Any other Peavey Classic owners here?

Any things I should know about tube amps seeing as I'm new to them? I know about rebiasing (Although it'd help if someone could shed some light on the subject)

-Holden
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Biasing is only normally required when replacing power tubes.

but congrats on the amp purchase! i'm considering a 30 or 50 4x10 down the line.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Thanks man! Exactly how do I do biasing? It's only necessary if I'm using a different kind of tube right?
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
I own a Classic 30, one of the power tubes are currently blown out haha. But my other guitarist's Classic 50 is currently in my basement. Great amp, especially for a starter into the world of tubes. If you ever want to upgrade it though, I suggest sticking in a couple greenbacks instead of the stock speakers. Also when you retube, if you get higher quality ones it'll sound stellar. Not that there is anything wrong with the amp as-is, just saying you can improve it.

The cleans are great, and I love putting the preamp gain at around 9 - 12 oclock and cranking the power amp and just improvin' some stuff. I gigged the hell out of mine Fairly sturdy amp. Good purchase!

btw, Congrats!
the Classic is a non adjustable fixed bias afaik, so you couldn't change it even if you wanted to. Best to get tubes from a vendor that knows the Classic's bias range, and will test tubes for you accordingly. Congrats on the amp man.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
the Classic is a non adjustable fixed bias afaik, so you couldn't change it even if you wanted to. Best to get tubes from a vendor that knows the Classic's bias range, and will test tubes for you accordingly. Congrats on the amp man.

Bias mod
Thanks guys

I'm so excited to mess with this thing. I get my paycheck tomorrow and by next week it'll be in the trunk of my car.

A new amp wasn't really my top priority, but being impulsive feels great
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
Quote by TehNez
Thanks guys

I'm so excited to mess with this thing. I get my paycheck tomorrow and by next week it'll be in the trunk of my car.

A new amp wasn't really my top priority, but being impulsive feels great

Thats how I ended up with my C-1 Classic haha
I just brought her home an hour or so ago. Thing sounds amazing. I haven't messed with the EQ much, but I stole someone's settings from youtube and played around with that a bit. I'm getting a perfect Alkaline Trio sound on the lead channel right now.

I wonder how a Tubescreamer would compliment it...
Guitars:
Fender Standard Strat
Martin DX1

Amps:
Peavey Classic 50/212

Pedal Board:
Gator 8-Bus
Boss TU-2 Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
ISP Decimator
Dual button footswitch
i played a badmonkey through a Classic 30 in a store, with a MIA 50s RI, and i came all over my pants. i love the classic series. great mid budget amps
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!