I've been using my washburn guitar through a Crate BT50, a bass amp, is there anything wrong with this? such as my guitar or amp could get screwed up?

the only problem i have is when i turn up the volume too loud it makes a high pitched squeal when i stop playing or lightly tap the strings. whats that all about?
It's not supposed to be done, but you can get away with it as long as you don't crank it overmuch....

The feedback is because its not designed to gate such trebly sounds, its designed for sounds roughly an octave lower.
Actually, you should be fine at any volume. Now plugging a bass into a guitar amp...that's another story.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
what type of guitar?

use a long cable and put the amp in front of you pointed away from you.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It should be fine. A lot of guitarists use bass amps, notably the old Bassmans
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
alright thanks. i love the way the distortion sounds on the amp and nothing bad happens when im on clean, why no squeak on clean?
Quote by Adeezy
alright thanks. i love the way the distortion sounds on the amp and nothing bad happens when im on clean, why no squeak on clean?

Because you're not using any distortion, if your amp feedbacks on a clean channel, there's something wrong there
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by jetfuel495

me and my friends did that with an old 10 watt crate and cranked everything (including the drive) up to full. it almost sounded metal

Haha, that's awesome, I wanna try it sometime, but I don't have any amps I'd be willing to sacrifice
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
If the squeal is feedback you may be able to eq some of it out (turn down treble) or turn down volume and stay away from the front of the speaker, also don't play loud in small rooms with reflective surfaces.