Ok so i have my nice vintage tube amp that is 50years old and ive posted 4 times already about (its in my sig btw) anyways, i have noticed that i get that nice tube-breaking-up distortion from it, which is beautiful, only problem is. i only get that nice tube breaking up distortion i cant play any chords at any volume without having at least some old-fashioned crunch. which is kinda nifty, except it would be cool to have some nice crisp cleans. is that just the amp? or is that a sign of something that i can or needs to be fixed?
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by Colgate Total
You don't need a new thread for every question.

Just turn the volume down, dude.

i know i know, this is just easier,

as for the volume, this happens even on very low volumes. in fact, at any volume this happens
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Check the speakers then, it shouldn't happen at low volumes. Play through your Squier, and Jetking, and see if it still breaks up.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Roll down the volume on your GUITAR instead of the amp.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by p.stick
Roll down the volume on your GUITAR instead of the amp.

HA! beat you to it!! already did that, just makes it quiet with the same crunch
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Then I have no idea. Have you tried turning it all the way to the bottom? My amp cleans up that way.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

consider any channel switching? with different tones. alot of time high tone on the equalizer is the problem and sometimes the medium.
try turning the low and high up but no medium.
if that doesnt work.
try full low middle medium and no high.

the former. (no middle crank everything else) is great for blues playing btw.
Rocking the world
One solo at a time
Quote by Kirkcrimson
consider any channel switching? with different tones. alot of time high tone on the equalizer is the problem and sometimes the medium.
try turning the low and high up but no medium.
if that doesnt work.
try full low middle medium and no high.

the former. (no middle crank everything else) is great for blues playing btw.

lol doesnt have any of those, all it has is volume, a tone knob and a control for tremolo, thanks tho
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional