Hi!

Im getting a new amp, i see a lot of people talking about vox valvetronix, but i like playing metal too!, i thinked about vox+ml-2 pedal, could you recommend another amp?

And a 50 watts amp would be a nice amp for practice and gigging?

thanks!
What's your price range and what music do you usually play?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
The Vox amps (and other modelers) don't take well to distortion pedals. I use mine on the US Hi-Gain setting for metal and it does it very nicely, I honestly don't know where people are coming from when they say it can't do metal, but whatever. Check out the Roland Cube 60 as well, people here tend to recommend them more for people who play metal, I've never tried one though so I really don't know.

Budget?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
My bands guitarist has one of these, and we play melodic death metal. We've gigged with it, without the need for micing, and his tone is really sweet too. As long as you know what you're doing with the EQ!
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
You might be interested in the VOX Valvetronix XL series, they're supposed to be higher-gain. And yeah, 50 watts would be nice for practicing and gigging, there's even a wattage switcher so you can make it like 5 watts when practicing I think.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD50VT2-XL-50W-2x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=483006
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by add45
You might be interested in the VOX Valvetronix XL series, they're supposed to be higher-gain. And yeah, 50 watts would be nice for practicing and gigging, there's even a wattage switcher so you can make it like 5 watts when practicing I think.

Yes, there's a built in attenuator on the back of the voxes, but I honestly don't see the point, simply turning down the volume works just as well.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
On mine, I turn the wattage down when practicing so that if I accidentally knock the volume knob on the amp, it won't be real loud... you get what I mean?
I understand what you're saying though, it is pretty pointless for the most part.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by add45
On mine, I turn the wattage down when practicing so that if I accidentally knock the volume knob on the amp, it won't be real loud... you get what I mean?
I understand what you're saying though, it is pretty pointless for the most part.

Haha yeah, I guess that makes sense. Never thought of it that way I guess.

Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Yes, there's a built in attenuator on the back of the voxes, but I honestly don't see the point, simply turning down the volume works just as well.

it's cause if you put it a like 5 watts and put the volum all the way up will sound much better then putting the amp at 50 watts and put the volume at 1
Quote by tristboyer
it's cause if you put it a like 5 watts and put the volum all the way up will sound much better then putting the amp at 50 watts and put the volume at 1

How do you figure?

It's a SS amp .
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
How do you figure?

It's a SS amp .

its actually hybrid. and ive owned one for about 2 years. it doesnt suffer the headroom problem at all. in fact, you really have to get it about half way up before it starts to sound great.
Hybrid still means SS to me, but I'll take your word for it since you've toyed with it for longer than I have
Quote by utsapp89
thanks for the answers

im thinking in the cube 60 too, and what about the Line 6 Spider III?
Quote by add45

still, it sounds a lot better with the attenuator on full
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
I've had my Vox for about 3 years and it still suffers from SS clipping at pretty high levels though not as much as other SS amps.

Quote by krushenko
thanks for the answers

im thinking in the cube 60 too, and what about the Line 6 Spider III?

Don't buy the Spider.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Ah, don't get an MT-2 with a Valvetronix, get a Valvetronix XL (higher gain version of the Valvetronix) and a footswitch.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Ah, don't get an MT-2 with a Valvetronix, get a Valvetronix XL (higher gain version of the Valvetronix) and a footswitch.

****, i´d have to save more money!!

and there is a great difference between a cube 60 and a valvetronix 50??

thanks for the answers!
No you wouldn't, mate, you'd save $80 or so by not buying that bloody pedal. Make the footswitch yourself, if you like, it's about $4 of parts and 4 joints to solder.

Powerwise, no, not that you'd ever notice. (Assuming they have the same speaker layout)