Minor Pentatonic, major pentatonic, blues O.O
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
I wouldnt think anything major would do it but id probly say for more of a "Metal" kinda solo Phrygian, Harmonic Minor, Aeolian aka minor scale for more of a bluesy kinda thing minor pentatonic, Dorian, mabye mixolydian
all depends on where you want to take the song. also, changing between scales is the sickest thing ever, so just stay in key mostly
^ Going out of key is the only way you can make your solos sound interesting. If you're staying in one key throughout then chances are your solos would sound very monotonous and predictable.
Quote by buckethead_jr
I didn't think they had metal in the 1790's

Quote by Guitarislife125
Copper is a metal

Quote by buckethead_jr
Ah, touche.
can someone explain to me how to cahnge key, mid solo?
what keys can you change between, and does the rythym have to modulate underneath you or are you just playing different scales that fit over the same chord progression.
thanx
Quote by kw!nton
can someone explain to me how to cahnge key, mid solo?
what keys can you change between, and does the rythym have to modulate underneath you or are you just playing different scales that fit over the same chord progression.
thanx

Going out of key and changing key are completely different. Going out of key can mean simply playing a few notes that aren't in the key of the song, but add that little bit extra to the solo. You can change key in the middle of your solo, but you had better hope your rhythm and bass players know what's happening when you do, otherwise you'd probably sound a bit silly.

Playing different scales that FIT over the same chord progression would mean that you aren't changing key. If the scale fits the progression, then its notes are in key. There's nothing stopping you playing a scale that contains a few notes that do not fit the chord. This would mean that you are going out of key, but not that you are playing in a completely different one.

To my understanding, which is limited at best, the underlying chord progression defines the key of the song, not the scale that you're using to solo with.
I hope I'm not wrong with any of that.