I thinkin about buying another cab only this time not a behringer. I would be hookin it up to my BX4500H. If i hook up two cabinets made by different companies would that mess up the sound at all? I'm lookin for a solid state in a price rage of about $200-$400. I have heard good things about Gallien-Krueger, and chances are all you folks here will tell me to sell the behringer stuff and shell out the extra cash to get either Ampeg or Ashdown amps, but I wanna see what u guys think.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, i'm looking to get a fuller sound, so i'm leaning towards getting a 1x15 or a 2x12 to get more on the low end.
GAS List:
Nothing
it shouldnt mess up your sound, but i would just run the new cab by itself, the behringer cabs' tone is the muddieset of mud... what kind of music do you play? many cabs lend themselves to certain types of music but not others.
i thought i had magic fingers once, and had uncovered the fountain of love.

turns out my girlfriend was just peeing on me.
i play in an instrumental rock band, much like Godspeed You Black Emperor. My style of play uses a Bassballs to mimic vocals on the high end and on the lower end i'm the rhythm. other than that i play clean, but i'm looking into some distortion as well.

EDIT: when i was buyin my behringer cab i was stuck between a 1x15 and the 4x10. i chose the 4x10 because with the 1x15 i was waist deep in mud. the 4x10 actually has a pretty good sound for the price.
GAS List:
Nothing
Last edited by Flummery at Oct 14, 2007,
i've been lookin around musciansfriend to see if there's any cheap 2x12's out there. haven't found any yet. anyone know of any good ones out there in the $300-$500 price range?
GAS List:
Nothing