Hey. I need help. I want to hang my telecaster from the wall, but I was concerned because as you may know the neck on a telecaster is very thin and this is what the guitar hangs from on the wall. Has anyone had any problems with their telecaster falling? Also, would you recommend a wooden or metal base?
Thanks, David.
I don't have one, but my guitar teacher has told me a few horror stories about one he used to have. just get a normal stand.
David,

Pretty much all the stores I go to have the telecasters on the wall hangers. They should be fine though. Are you looking at the Hercules hangers? If so, they are fantastic with the locking mechanism. Mine have a wood base but it's preference. I think the metal one has 3 screw holes and the wood has 2, but I could be wrong.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
I personally use String Swings. I dont have a Tele, but they work great for my Jacksons
Gear
Electric
Jackson JS30RR (EMG 81/85)
Jackson WRMG (SD SH-6 B/N)
Hohner Scorpion ST (Project guitar)

Acoustic
Ovation CC 057

Amp
Marshall Valvestate 2000 AVT100 1x12

Effects
Boss CH-1
Crybaby 535Q
ISP Decimator
One should be able to hold it. I've seen Teles in wall hangers at my local guitar shop. If you have some metal piping around and know how to weld, you could make a custom one if you're that unsure about it.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Eh, I dont trust wall hangers. Just seems like the complete dumbest idea for a guitar.

I would just go with a regular floor stand, or keep it in a HSC.
I have had several of my guitars on wall hangers for years. I haven't had a problem with any of them so far. When installing them make sure they are mounted solid! Screwing them in sheetrock with a screw won't hold them unless you catch a stud. Some come with plastic sheild just for sheetrock walls. I went to Homedepot and bought ones a bit bigger with a high weight rating. If you live in an older house with plaster and lath walls you'll need to catch a stud for sure. The plaster won't hold the weight. Remember some landlords or parents wouldn't care for you drilling in thier walls.

I have a few String Swings and several ones made by Coffin Case they are all basically the same just different shapes and materials but all work the same. Buying a guitar stand is fine if you don't want to take the chance or want to put holes in your wall or not sure if the walls can hold a guitar. I have had stands fall over, luckily I was able to catch my guitar before it hit the floor.

John
Professional guitarists, guitar stores and major brands use wall hangers to display or store their guitars.

The only thing you should watch out for is that they're screwed in properly, so that they can support the weight of a guitar.

And here's some proof:

Epiphone's display at NAMM:

Gibson's Memphis factory showcase:

You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 15, 2007,
Quote by Bonsaischaap

Gibson's Memphis factory showcase:

I've been there too!!! Not the biggest Gibson fan, but it'll make anyone drool, all the same.

It should be perfectly fine on a wallhanger. I use String Swings myself, and never had a problem. Even with one of my hangers attached to drywall alone (it's decently thick drywall, and the String Swing comes with special screws for it).

If it still makes you nervous, try to make sure to attach the hanger to a wall stud by using a studfinder.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Hakael
I've been there too!!! Not the biggest Gibson fan, but it'll make anyone drool, all the same.

Same here, I don't really like Gibson, but the tour was nice; it's just great to see where guitars are being made and to be surrounded by so many instruments.
All the Telecasters at my local shop are all on floor stands.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Strats:

Custom shop strats and teles:

If Fender thinks they can handle it, they're probably right.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Same here, I don't really like Gibson, but the tour was nice; it's just great to see where guitars are being made and to be surrounded by so many instruments.

Hahaha, me too! I live in memphis.

TS, they've got Les Pauls hangin on the wall, and i PROMISE you they are at least twice as heavy as a Tele...if it'll hold a LP, itll hold a Fender.
Quote by Riot Act
Hahaha, me too! I live in memphis.

TS, they've got Les Pauls hangin on the wall, and i PROMISE you they are at least twice as heavy as a Tele...if it'll hold a LP, itll hold a Fender.

I remember our tour guide told us some horror story about someone taking a few steps back to take a picture and knocking over a rack full of hollowbodies.
i use wall hangers intended for hanging up shovels. i stretched them by hand and put foam around it. been hanging fine for about 3 months now
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I have two small Stagg guitar stands which cost £10 each. They dont have a locking thingy they just sit on it. But its VERY secure as its angled so it cant fall forwards. It might be able to go backwards but it would just hit the wall and stay.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<