Page 1 of 3
I searched and found pages upon pages of sh!t.

So...fav albums/songs/anythin'?

Without You I'm Nothing is my favorite, followed by Black Market Music
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
I luv em. they have great music, and Brian is an awesome singer. I havent bought/downloaded any full CDs, but i think im really gonna like Meds when i finally do get it. I also plan on buying Once More With Feeling, their greatest hits CD. All of their songs seem like they have real feeling behind em, unlike alot of bands. And i really like their cover of Kate Bush's Running up that Hill.
theyre a good band but i cant listen to an album of theirs in one sitting.

seperatley though, now and then with my playlist on random they have some right awesome tunes.
I've only listened to their stuff from Meds, but it's really good.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Without you i'm nothing and thier selftitled are thier best albums easily.
^Self Titled is good, but is pwned badly by the other stuff.
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
=] ^ It was in Cruel Intentions
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
Every me Every You is my fave song by them

+1. I like all of Placebo's stuff.
It's gonna be a blue day
Saw 'em live, they were ok. Don't plan on getting their cd's or anything though. Their insignia is a total copy off of Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Hey Placebo are one of my fave bands. I think their best album was the latest one as it showed more maturity to their music and a better balance overall. I thought prior to that they were a great singles band but the albums were a bit weak in parts. My fave songs are Placestine, Song To Say Goodbye, Withouth You I'm Nothing, Special Needs, Twenty Years, Pure Morning, Space Monkey and Taste In Men. Also they are a great live band and always on form
Pure Morning is so good
I've only got Once More, With Feeling though =/
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I was wondering whether or not there was a thread for these guys.. I thought they were more popular than this!!

I saw them in Brisbane in 2006, September or October I think, and they were great. The crowd was in to everything they played, and even though I was only just getting in to them then it was one of the best concerts I've been to. I think Meds is great, really diverse stuff. Favourite song by them would probably be The Bitter End or Special K, which both come off really well live.
Quote by j0nmcc

seperatley though, now and then with my playlist on random they have some right awesome tunes.

Basically my stance on them, Nancy Boy is my favorite song I think.
I have seen them live last year in Macedonia and they were awesome they sung songs from last album but they were pritty damn good
People keep asking us where Paul is. That's a really funny question. See, if Paul was still in the band then we wouldn't have a new fucking record. That's why Paul isn't in the band anymore. (by Maynard James Keenan)
Quote by j0nmcc

Completely agreed, I've got *checks* 13 Placebo songs on iTunes, and I never seem to skip any of them, but can't stomach an album. Taste in Men and English Summer Rain are my favourite ones that aren't completely obvious massive hits.

They've done a couple of pretty decent covers as well. Their version of Running up that Hill is top class.
too bad that their drumer left the band
People keep asking us where Paul is. That's a really funny question. See, if Paul was still in the band then we wouldn't have a new fucking record. That's why Paul isn't in the band anymore. (by Maynard James Keenan)
I love Placebo. Glad to hear they're recording a new album, therefore will be touring soon. If you haven't seen it, watch Soulmates never die - Live in Paris. Fave album is Sleeping with ghosts or black market music.
For me, every album is different., They got crap loads of stuff not on albums. Love "slacker bitch" & "Special K"
Love all there albums and dont have a fixed fav. Just what ever takes my mood.
I loved it when Placebo got together with The Cure and Bowie.
My favorite song is The Bitter End. But only the live version.
^definitely, Without You I'm Nothing with Bowie is soooo good
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
The Bitter End.
Wenn die Nack einfällt
bedeckt sie die Welt
mit undurchdringlicher Dunkelheit.
Kälte steigt vom boden auf
und verpestet die Luft
plötzlich...
hat das Leben neue
Bedeutung

Burzum "Dunkelheit"
Evalia is the prettiest song ever
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
Special K it's awesome, it brings good memories to me.

I love the version they do of "Where is My Mind" from their live DVD
My gear:
-No Brand Classical Guitar
-Squier Stratocaster Affinity Series
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Boss GT-8
-Boss DS-1
-Roland Cube 60

FREE TACOS!!!
Some of their songs are good, but some are pretty bad. They're not as good as their influences were, but they're still pretty listenable. The singer ought to drop the gay act though.
^Agreed. Sometimes I feel like I just like them because they bring back a lot of memories. Brian gets really annoying. He can write some really good songs, (Brick ****house, I'll Be Yours, Passive Aggressive, others) but some of the songs just sound like them trying to be edgy. Special K, for example.. has a good riff and all but the lyrics are utter ****. And the worst of all is Slackerbitch, which has a great riff, but the lyrics are just.. ****ing horrible. They've matured some on Meds and SWG, for better or for worse.
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
^ Meh, I don't see whats so bad about the lyrics, although then again I'm more interested in the music.
Page 1 of 3