as said before i'm really into a jag but have heard that the pups being too trebly. so i would want to change them with something beefier (alternative, indie wiith gain and distortion). i was looking at a JB jr as a possible one...any others? what are the differences in the lace-sensors red blue white and gold? Thanks.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Valveking 112

i want to use single pups just because i already have a bucker quipped guitar. i want something different.
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Quote by marktuazon
Valveking 112

i want to use single pups just because i already have a bucker quipped guitar. i want something different.
Well, the JB Jr. is still a humbucker...
Just single-coil-sized.

Anyway, I would't put the JB or its derivative in an alder guitar. I find it that sounds trebley and thin.

I believe Jags come with 1M potentiometers for the controls? Changing them to 250K will warm them up a lot. Cheap modification, too.
^^ yea i realized about the JB jr when i was coming home today...lol..

yea i kinda want a thicker sound, more full..where could i buy the potentiometers? (never done it before sorry xD)
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
Well, you can buy them from stewmac.com. They have the knurled shaft ones that a jag probably needs. They're a little pricey, but they work. You can always eBay, if you really know what you're looking for.

Look for 16mm (24mm works, too. Just a bit bigger.) knurled or coarse shaft A250K or audio/logarithmic taper 250K pots.

This may warm your sound up to the degree you like. If you're looking for a "fatter" sound...A single coil sized humbucker may be the way to go. But why buy a Jag, then...?