Ok 2.0 to 3.0
21 21%
Not Good 2.0-1.0
3 3%
Terrible less than 1.0
2 2%
Voters: 102.
do you? ive always kind of wondered this

i know i do. i have a 3.5 GPA, and im in all honors and AP classes.
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
You must be lying..... Your a nationals fan......
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
I get good grades. Mostly B's maybe an A or two and maybe a C. Most musicians I know get better grades then the jocks. I don't think playing guitar has anything to do with school though.
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Oct 14, 2007,
i had a 3.0 all throughout highschool except last semester(2nd semester of 10th grade) i had straight c's lol. Not in any ap's though. This year so far i've got 2 d-'s so it really depends lol.

Also depends on amount of drug/alcohol use
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
i do
im in honors english and math
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
i'm in all honors and ap classes and i have a 92-93 average
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Some B's, mostly A's, never received a C, in three AP classes and the rest honors.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
i dont i have like a 0.7 gpa....lmfao pitiful....but i made straight a's this past grading semester!!!so yea...
Rocking the world
One solo at a time
Well, I get good grades, but we don't do that GPA up here. So what's a 93% average about? And we don't have honors either, but we have AP. I'm in AP English and Math (Calculus).
I'd love to change the world, but I don't know what to do, so I'll leave it up to you....

Are you Superbad???
i've got a 3.9 and am taking waaaaaayyyyy too much AP.
Last edited by metallifan1 at Oct 14, 2007,
My school's GPA goes up to a 5 point scale. Anyways, how do I figure out my GPA? My average is probably about a C cause I get As in band all the time and all the classes that are Core classes I get like Cs and Ds, but my school's grading scale is also weird like
96-100 is an A
70-78 is a D
69 and below is fail. I forgot the ones in between.
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)
Quote by 16kramer05
Well, I get good grades, but we don't do that GPA up here. So what's a 93% average about?

thats like a 3.7ish?

i do rpetty descent myself (this year anyways)

wow UG has smart ppl? in the pit?!?!??!
this is an outrage!
Quote by yawn
It just occurred to me that UG attracts a lot of socially isolated male teenagers with questionable psychological dispositions.

Quote by I'm_Guitarded
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but Whip and Chains Excite Me!!

Got'em!
I do pretty damn good in school. I got a 3.9 gpa for last semester.
I'm a stupid jackass.
last year i nearly failed practicing a ton i wouldnt do hw and i think im going down the same road again. i cant fail though lol
Quote by StreetLight3989
I get good grades. Most musicians I know get better grades then the jocks. I don't think playing guitar has anything to do with school though.

your avatar???
do you know RP McMurphy?
the plunger jockey?
Rocking the world
One solo at a time
90% average.

95 in english, 91 in phys science, 85 in geometry, and 92 in computer service and maintenance.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
I'm pretty sure Herman Li and James Iha did.

Figure it out.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I just got my progress report. All A's except for Global...a B. Progress Reports don't specify +'s or -'s, they just say the letter, but I know I have between a 96 and 100 in Chemistry, Music Theory, and English Honors. I have between a 90 and 96 in math and spanish (or so I assume).

I'm on high honer roll. I was on high honor roll for 4 straight quarters last year, and graduated 4th in my entire grade the year before that.

Oh yes.

EDIT: And just because everyone else said: I'm in honors english, global (coulda been in AP, but I don't like global history, American AP next year!!), chemistry, and math. Regular music theory (first year taking it), and spanish.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Last edited by FoolOnThePlanet at Oct 14, 2007,
Quote by Kirkcrimson
your avatar???
do you know RP McMurphy?
the plunger jockey?

No, I just thought it was a hobo with a funny sign.
all i do is sit around and play music and get high all the time but i manage to get B's and sometimes A's. i got straight C's in spanish, but im done with that class. it doenst have to do with whether your a musician or not, stupid people get bad grades, smart people get good grades
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
When I should be studying and doing homework me and my guitar are gettin it on, the rest is simple.
cheers betch
I have aspergers, and im in an insanly hard private school. Im in the 1.0 to 3.0 range depending on what class/teacher.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
my grade are pretty good straight A's except for math(usually around a 70-75)

dont know how to figure GPA though
I get straight A`s. I`m also very outspoken about how our local education system has failed, and school is a waste of time. I only get along with a handful of my teachers. It`s kind of a double standard, but then if you think about, me and my friends are all the long haired/musician type, and we acidemically outrank all the preps in the school. Math Challenge ftw!

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
I don't think being a guitarist has anything to do with your grades. However, I think that a certain type of thinking pattern could lead in individual to both getting good grades as well as an affinity for creating music.
I wish I could say the same. I've failed a grade, and my GPA's around a 2.3 or so. Most people probably assume alcohol and drugs, but that's just not the case for me =/
i got a 4.8 but thats not incredibly great, when comparing me to others here.
je suis haut
I've been identified as a 'gifted mind' because I'm a freaking genius and well ahead of everything on my age level (apparently).

We got our progress reports last week, and for me, (grade 9, in all Academic classes) I got A+'s in everything (English, math, French, computers) except science (just an A). I must say, I am insanely good at English. I got 100% on a short fairy tale we had to write, and I didn't really try that hard. The teacher said I could teach the class if I wanted
I got a 3.5 my senior year, but thats only because of physics, i was kinda mediocre in my other classes. Sophomore and junior year i was terrible. I didnt study more or anything, i just enjoyed the optional classes as opposed to required ones.
i think being musically inclined helped out my grades alot, kept me focused and out of trouble (sometimes lol). but any activity really that takes concentration and focus can make you a better student (imho) such as ; martial arts, music, sports, and painting/drawing/sculpting are a few that come to mind
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
I get okay grades. I have about a 3.1 I think. I'm a naturally smart guy, but I'd probably do better if I actually payed attention and studied.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Did better in high school than i'm doing now in college. My GPA in high school was 3.45 and i aced AP Calculus and thus placed out of math in college....BUT i'm lazy and giving me more opportunities to slack and get sidetracked has resulted in my freshman GPA being 2.5... Oh well, I'm trying to change my ways. anyway you look at it though, it's got nothing to do with the fact that I'm a guitarist. But the fact that I'm such an avid guitarist has made me a music major
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
i'm getting a 2 1in my first year but i'm not sure how GPA works for uni grades in merry olde britain.