This song reminds me of fall for some reason... I spent all day in my room recording this hopefully it came out okay... The vocals are on the softer side but then again the song is on the softer side

Well let me know what you think and all comments welcome, I will try and comment back ASAP (my asap may not be as fast as your asap but i will try...)

The song is on my myspace: www.myspace.com/foundyesterday

Thanks and hopefully I hear back from you guys!
Big fan of your stuff, dude.

What kind of mic did you use?

Also, did you record the drums with just one mic and was it the same mic you used to record everything?

ANYWAYS, greeeeaaat voice and great playing. Lyrics were even a lot better than your average pop song. Im pretty sure you'll be famous sometime soon.
Oh my god after listening to your stuff my stuff is **** compared to yours keep it up. Crit mine in my sig thanks.
With an irresistible blend of reggae induced hip-hop and catchy pop-punk hooks, Half Chance Heroes captivates audiences with their unique sound and energetic stage show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8bSU0u8uvM
Quote by Radio Addict
Big fan of your stuff, dude.

What kind of mic did you use?

Also, did you record the drums with just one mic and was it the same mic you used to record everything?

ANYWAYS, greeeeaaat voice and great playing. Lyrics were even a lot better than your average pop song. Im pretty sure you'll be famous sometime soon.

Thanks man! I use a Rode NT1A (go buy it now... its a bit bassy but sweet as hell)

The drums are fake - created with Logic and my keyboard. Logics pretty sweet and has some of the most realistic sounds out there....

And as for the lyric comment thank you, I wanted to keep them open so you can interpret it how you want... Some people look to their loved ones, some people to God, its up to the listener to determine what it means...

Descendant - I listened to Mr. T, I like the guitar a lot the distortion is very good its a bit far away if you know what I mean, the mix just needs some compression and EQ'ing. Your voice is not bad at all, very solid and fits the music alot. I'm getting a blink vibe from this a lot (thats good to me sorry if you don't like them...)

Keep it up and your recording will keep getting better it just takes practice
A great song for you to cover would be La Mar by the Beautiful Girls.

If you do cover that song PM me or something cuz i wanna hear it Haha.
you know for the past year, everyday I look on the Original Recordings section to see if you have a new song up. How the hell do you write so many songs in so little time? it takes me weeks to months to write a song that very rarely gets into finished form.
Hey, well I actually have never heard of La Mar, or listened to them so it may be hard for me to cover that one... I will look into it though

WlcomtotheJungle - Thank you, and well I just spend a whole day recording I find that If I just make myself record for more than an hour then I start to become productive and into it... I get lazy a lot of the time and right after I finish the first verse and chorus I will keep adding to it and never working on the rest of the song, and thats bad because sometimes I never get back around to the song.... So my best advice would be just to try and finish the whole song then work on adding overlays and extras.

I honestly can say that I think recording is fun at times, but sometimes it's a real pain in the ass, I spend a full day taking one track and if I keep messing up I'll get really frustrated.... It's like working out, who the hell likes to work out? You like the end product.
Trust me. Listen to "La Mar" by The Beautiful Girls and you could cover that song soooooo welllll.
That was excellent. Really good singing and guitar playing. Recording quality was really good as well. My only suggestion is that after the breakdown when it came back in, it felt like it should have been more powerful. I think it could be improved just by making the drums more powerful. Maybe some ride action instead of the hi hat and boost them in the mix a bit. This was seriously a great song though. You should make it available for download, because I would be glad to add it to my music collection.

What guitar are you using?

feel free to check out my song here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=692679
Thank you and I agree I believe it needs to be more .... bam, and I don't know if just drums can do that, Maybe some orchestral addition, or perhaps a change in vocal (something more dynamic...)
Is there any way you could send me your album through email?????

Or do I have to pay for it (which I cant rly do haha)?

If you want me to, I can make you a professional album cover in return?
Last edited by Radio Addict at Oct 16, 2007,
Hey man, I think I remember you, did you do a video cover of Iris ageeeeeeeees ago? The Irish dude? Maybe I'm just imagining things...

I love the song man, it's gorgeous. I love the stark arrangement too.

Keep it up.
Yes apple, that was me, I am basically from Orlando Florida so no Irish here, yet I have been told I get an accent when I sing covers....

As for Radio, yes I can give you a copy when I finish it don't worry about the cost, my UG people have given me great advice and have molded each song some way so a free copy is only fair.
Woa, excellent stuff! Your getting very good now dude, I remember you on hear ages ago when i was turning out some real rubbish. Good, intresting use of vocals and acoustic guitar as usual. Lovely song. Quite good recording. How old are you guys?? That's quite some talent you have my friend. You're right, you need some strings and that in the mix, and a better drum sound. AND we have the same mic dude. How cool is that lol. I want to upgrade my mic. V good song. I'd love to hear it on air sometime. And send some albums to england would you??? Please? Fancy a colaboration btw?

Could you give my song some criticism?? Please?? Your opinion would be good...https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=693804
Orophin
Last edited by Orophin at Oct 17, 2007,
very sweet laid back and groovin. it seemed like ure voice would be off for some reason, but it stayed on 100% of the time, with a very nice tone as well. i liked the drums alot, very simple, but fit perfectly. the melodies were used very well. the first time u went to end the chorus, i wanted to hear a high octave resolution, but u didnt, then u did in the second time around, and i was very happy, very well done. i feel like there could have been a better interlude type thing, but thats just me (im one for interludes ;-) ) . Oh and i liked how u resolved the ending choruses as well, i love it, very nice.

cfc? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=693724
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)