This may be a bit mixed up because im so excited!! I was just looking at andy mckees concert dates because I love him so much.. I noticed hes playing in williamsburg VA like 45 min from here the 26th 27th 28th at a library... (300 seater) and ticket would cost 9 bucks for me.. 18 for my father..and 15 for my brother.. ahh I just have to share this im sorry... I'm so excited for it.!!
yeah, andy mckee kicks ass. i've been learning drifting on the guitar for the last week or so.
Awesome. Andy is a genious. What's your favourite tune?
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
for his percussion.. drifting is awesome, normal guitar I guess I love Rylynn and then I havent really listened to his Harp Guitar but the only song ive really heard on that is The Friend I never met.... eek africa is cool too.. he has too many good songs!
I know this isn't really related, but I saw Justin King and the Apologies 3 times last week (all free shows) and they are an amazing band (and Justin has some nice chops also ).

I hope you enjoy seeing Andy McKee live!
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Is it illegal to film something like that.. or is it just illegal to sell it? I was thinking about having my dad film it (HD camera ) and putting it up on youtube and posting the links on here in addition.
^ Depends on the rules they have for the venue. It's not illegal to record it if it's for your own personal viewing AFAIK.

I'm so mad, he was touring with Tommy Emmanuel a while back and I coulden't see it because the closest stop was 4 hours away and I had to work
Quote by RileyB
Is it illegal to film something like that.. or is it just illegal to sell it? I was thinking about having my dad film it (HD camera ) and putting it up on youtube and posting the links on here in addition.
I'd contact Andy himself before you post something like that on YouTube. He already has some well done vids there.

This is one of my favorites. At one time I had it embedded in my profile page:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddn4MGaS3N4

Lots more from him and similar artists have been posted on rpoland's channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/rpoland

Enjoy,
SYK
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Last edited by SomeoneYouKnew at Oct 15, 2007,
I've been a fan of him for a little while now, found his drifting video a while back, and he is quite simply one of the most amazing players I've ever had the pleasure of listening too. And he's from topeka....45 minutes away from me, w00t!
I'd contact Andy himself before you post something like that on YouTube. He already has some well done vids there.

How do I contact Andy?
I just started listening to them all.. so far I like Andy the best, and when I saw a concert that would cost me and my father $27 in total... I jumped on it.
I just went to a Concert with Him and Don Ross alternating their own songs. Only like 50 people in the place in this small town in Maine. Then they started doing duets and Don Ross would play background stuff to Rylynn and a few others. They are creating an album next year of them duetting to their various songs it's really quite a sight to see. I guess Andy figured out most of Don Ross's songs by ear back in the day and was a huge inspiration to him. Don later saw Andy at a finger style competition where Andy played one of songs and added stuff that blew Don away. Just interesting how those two got together and I can't wait to hear their new album. Funny how Don was accompanying Andy on his tour, I guess it was for his new solo album. If you have a chance go see these guys! Someone named Craig D'Andrea played before them and just released his first album, guy is only 22 years old and is pretty damn good.