i've been on UG for a few years now, i've been playing for 7 years and for the past 3 i've been using a squier jagmaster to play, but i'd really like to know your opinion on the best guitars to play hardcore punk with, a full/rich sound that doesn't sound like **** when i'm strumming fast. I want a guitar that people can differentiate chord patterns from when we're thrashing. any ideas?
uhm.

Well, that has more to do with pickups. Having good pickups will help articulate things better but won't hide any mistakes.

Any thing with quality humbuckers should do you fine.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
maybe an HSS strat? strats mean clarity to me, as much as i love LP's i think if you had them really overdriven they'd mud up because of the mahogany....not sure....i don't know what hardcore punk sounds like..lol
my stratocaster has great sound. i play like from pop to metal on it and it never fails.
just saying..
why dont you look at what other hardcore bands are playing and find one that fits your taste perfectly.
personally, i like schecters and les pauls.
esp is usually pretty good too
like i said, figure out what works best for you
whats your amp?
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Quote by whatadrag
maybe a tele? an stratocaster is super playable... man i dont know

Tele/strat for Hardcore?

wow, I've never heard that before.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Quote by crazyskater_533
bahahaha anything but a poser squier.

yeah, sorry that i have to pay for my instruments, sorry that i'm not some spoiled little bastard whose parents buy all their equiptment, sorry that I only had $300 to spend on a "****ty" guitar. you're probably just some rich kid sitting at home waiting to go back to school tomorrow so you can talk about the funniest CKY moment. but in all honesty, it's not the guitar, but how you play it. i was looking for constructive criticism but it looks like this place is still filled with stuck up ********s. thanks for everyone with something decnt to say, now I have to go to work and pay for all the **** you take for granted.
Quote by elekguit
A Tele for Hardcore Punk? HAHA!!! Your pretty damn funny. This seems pretty hardcore...

http://www.audiomastermind.us/wp-content/images/wangcaster.jpg

Haha, I kid. Maybe an SG will do you well. Not 100% sure about the P-90's. Try 'em and then decide.

yeah dude, that's hardcore. sg's are expensive, but I guess you have to pay quantity for quality. my friend/singer for my band's got an old iceman and when my input jack ****ed up i played that for a while and it sounded great, so I might try to find an original, but a lot of the people I know that have sg's are really satisfied and happy for the buys they made.
Well you could find a great copy. Agile makes some I hear, Epiphone could do justice, and my Vintage SV6 is a great looking copy. You just have to look around and try them out.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.