Page 1 of 2
K guys,if you've been looking at my other threads *other than the ice cream flavour and acoustic guitar threads* you should know i like rock...Songs like Holiday-Green Day ,The Hell Song-Sum 41 , but i also like songs like I Miss You-Blink 182 ...

Heres the problem...I absolutely love ibanez...but i like Fender too...There are only 2 guitars that i would consider;

-Ibanez S470
-Fender Highway 1 HSS

The fender is of course,more expensive..And considering the type of music which i play,which brand would be best? or in other words,which guitar?Take note that i can probably afford both.

Thanks
Last edited by NoobOnZone at Oct 14, 2007,
You call that rock?

No offense, that's not rock.

But get the Ibanez.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Quote by NoobOnZone
hah,not rock? then what is rock? what are those songs called?

Rock is Pink Floyd. Rock is Led Zeppelin. Blink 182 is radio trash ****.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Did you just say hell song is by blink 182? I'm offended. But anyway go with Ibanez, so much more versatile, really nice bridge on that in my opinion and also it looks really cool compared to a strat.
Since ur 13, i forgive u for listening 2 such bands only..........

both guitars are ok but its up 2 u to try them all n find ur favourite,although i prefer the strat
That stuff you listen to is pop punk. That said, you should check out Epiphone/Gibson and Fender.
Quote by Necronomicon
Did you just say hell song is by blink 182? I'm offended. But anyway go with Ibanez, so much more versatile, really nice bridge on that in my opinion and also it looks really cool compared to a strat.

Oh f8c* ,totally sry man...i forgot my songs!
yeah,i've gotta agree...the s470 is a dang beauty...but looks don't matter,or does it?
why would you need an ibanez with an Edge tremolo to play pop punk? do you even know how to change strings and tune them on a floating bridge system?
Quote by Gunpowder
The Pit is to intelligence what a black hole is to light; it's devoid of reason and logic, and nothing can escape it's shadowy depths. Once you enter, you cannot leave.
Quote by Shredder Guitar
why would you need an ibanez with an Edge tremolo to play pop punk? do you even know how to change strings and tune them on a floating bridge system?

Yes i do...i learnt how to from videos on youtube..dude,i've done many threads on s470...

Hey guys...but will i be able to get a clean tone with the s470?
Oh my god. The grammar in this thread is HORRIFYING.
There ain't no moral to this story at all. Anything I tell you very well could be a lie.
Quote by FenderStRaT RS
I gotta admit that when i was 12-early 13 years old i listen 2 a lot of mainstream artist like green day,blink182,muse,etc but i start listening to everything now espically oldies like jimi hendrix!!

muse is amazing... dont group them with the pop punk
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
i dont like any of those bands, but grow the **** up man, thats your opinion. no one gives a **** about it. leave the internet. now.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
to the threadstarter...

the ibanez is a good guitar for rock and metal. but the fender would be more versatile in case you decide to expand your musical interests in the future
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by guitar_infidel
i dont like any of those bands, but grow the **** up man, thats your opinion. no one gives a **** about it. leave the internet. now.

Go back to the PIT
yeah i like tons of music...but considering funk rock..*RHCP* the fender would be a better choice...and it DOES have a humbucker..*HSS* so i suppose that'll satisfy my need for rock/pop rock
oh...if you are telling the other guy to go back to the pit then i'm terribly sorry,
There is an 'edit' button for a reason...

Anyway. The Fender would give you more options if you wished to branch out into other styles in future, the Ibanez would be more suited specifically for rock/punk/whatever else it is you care to list that stuff as, I'm not going to get into that argument. You get the idea anyway.

That said, I would more suggest something like a Gibson LP, a Kramer super-Strat with a HSH pickup config, or an ESP super-Strat (probably an MH or M). Possibly an SG too. You'd probably find them more suitable right now, and things like the Kramer would have even more flexibility for the future than the Fender would.
Any guitar can play anything. Your amp, effects, and playing will make up 99% of your sound.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
Any guitar can play anything. Your amp, effects, and playing will make up 99% of your sound.
While this is true, there is a difference between 'can play' and 'can play well'. For instance, you could use a vintage Gibson ES semi-hollowbody for thrash metal... but it wouldn't do it quite so well as say, an ESP AX. Similarly, there's nothing stopping you from using that AX for blues playing, but most people would agree you'd be better off with a Strat.
Quote by bokuho
While this is true, there is a difference between 'can play' and 'can play well'. For instance, you could use a vintage Gibson ES semi-hollowbody for thrash metal... but it wouldn't do it quite so well as say, an ESP AX. Similarly, there's nothing stopping you from using that AX for blues playing, but most people would agree you'd be better off with a Strat.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aBvr65T_p4M
Quote by NoobOnZone
K guys,if you've been looking at my other threads *other than the ice cream flavour and acoustic guitar threads* you should know i like rock...Songs like Holiday-Green Day ,The Hell Song-Sum 41 , but i also like songs like I Miss You-Blink 182 ...

Heres the problem...I absolutely love ibanez...but i like Fender too...There are only 2 guitars that i would consider;

-Ibanez S470
-Fender Highway 1 HSS

The fender is of course,more expensive..And considering the type of music which i play,which brand would be best? or in other words,which guitar?Take note that i can probably afford both.

Thanks

it all depends on the sound you want. i like fender better imo. they have more options guitar wise. dont just think that a strat means an alder body with 3 single coils or sometimes a humbucker. they actually make many types of guitars. they even have mahogany strats with humbuckers and switching systems. i say just try a bunch of guitars out, and not just ibanez and fender, and see what you like. try not to be biased.
TS,chill out.How are we supposed to help if you keep flaming everyone?Blink 182 is not rock,face it.UG is an anti grammar error heaven by the way.

For the type of music you play,I'd recommend something with a humbucker.Maybe a squier stratocaster with HSS if you're a beginner?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by bokuho
I say again, 'play well'

<_<

You are right Paul Gilbert sounded like **** in that video and he sucks.
Quote by Broken-pick
TS,chill out.How are we supposed to help if you keep flaming everyone?Blink 182 is not rock,face it.UG is an anti grammar error heaven by the way.

For the type of music you play,I'd recommend something with a humbucker.Maybe a squier stratocaster with HSS if you're a beginner?

sry man,but that guy really pissed me out...i already have a guitar...its a SSS one..
I say HW1 HSS, versatile enough cos of the hum in the bridge, and you go the singles in mid and neck for a real nice bluesey tone.

In the future you could easily upgrade the PUPS, a higher or lower output hum if you wanted, and better singles.
Quote by FenderStRaT RS
Nah,i have nothing against u

nah sry man,i mistook you..really sorry,

hey...it just hit me...you mean i can't drop the tuning without unlocking the crap? oh boy...thats gonna be a bit irritating..
Page 1 of 2