I have a guitar that should have this length for correct intonation. However the intnation is way off. According to fretnotguitarrepair.com:
12th Fret Plays Sharp - move the saddle away from the fingerboard
12th Fret Plays Flat - move the saddle closer to the fingerboard
When I was intonating I moved the saddles as close to the fretboard as possible and it was still really off. I took off the neck and it doesn't seem to be shaped right at the heel so i was thinking of sanding it down. My problem is how do I measure it right? I don't know much about measurements but I have a measuring tape that shows the numbers 1/8, 1/4, 3/8, ect. on the lines. Which one do I refer to when measuring 24.75? I'm just unsure where the .75 comes in and how to read it on the tape.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
maybe you should go back to middle school and learn fractions again, .75= 3/4, i guess that the education I got in school was far superior to yours.
My Current Rig
--------------------

Amp
----------
Ibanez TB100R Amplifier
Legion 4x12 angled cab

Guitars
----------
Ibanez PF Acoustic
Ibanez AX120
Squier Strat
Schecter C1XXX

Effects
----------
Line6 PodXTLive
Quote by bgroen
maybe you should go back to middle school and learn fractions again, .75= 3/4, i guess that the education I got in school was far superior to yours.

Yes it probably was, plus I never was good at math. No need to be an asshat though.

Quote by forsaknazrael
Maybe this will help?

http://www.stewmac.com/FretCalculator/

What kind of bridge does it have? Is your neck straight?

Neck is fairly straight. It's not razor edge but straight enough. It's a Gibson style bridge but I don't think it was measured right. I'm trying to get pics up to describe what I'm talking about.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Last edited by CM_X5 at Oct 14, 2007,
Quote by forsaknazrael
Ah. Well, with TOM bridges, you can often slip the saddles around to make it work better. I've done this. You know, so there's more room? Does that make sense?

Yeah makes sense, I also feel like an idiot because I completely forgot about TwoStrings thread about TOM intonation... I'll try that and if it doesn't work will sanding the heel do the trick? Or should heel sanding not be attempted by someone of my skill level.
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Ok here's the pics, sorry for the large size:

Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
I says G. Burton on the headstock in typewriter lettering. Last time I tried it plugged in it didn't sound too bad (not great either) but it was unplayable due to intonation. As far as the TwoString thread this is the one I'm talking about:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=643589
Quote by Jearl

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
The length from the nut to the 12th fret should be 1/2 the length from the nut to the saddles (bridge). If that's ok then you should try adjusting the intonation again. Making the string longer makes it flatter and vice versa.
Well, now I know your problem!

You gotta put your neck in the other way so the heel fits in the pocket! :P

It just seems to me like your string length is a little long, so your probably flat in your intonation right? Just flip the saddles over and try it. You should be ok then.