I really don't wanna go dual-emgs like everyone else. I love the sound of the SH-4 for solo'ing and I desperately want a humbucker that can hold a f*cking harmonic. I know either the emg 81 or 85 would do it too but like I said I don't wanna go dual EMG. everyone does that.

Plus the duncan is cheaper.

Anyone have any experience with this? Also, what else would anyone recommend for the bridge pickup? I play mostly stuff like thrash & death metal. I need something that can handle some rough distortion without being noisy as hell, preferably has a bright attack and handles high trebles well. Basically, a thrash metal bridge pickup suited to rhythm.

If not I'll just get the EMG.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
You wouldn't be able to mix the two together since one is active and the other is passive.

I've never heard of the JB in the neck, but it might be able to alleviate the issues I have with it as a bridge pickup.

*shrug***
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Aw, crap. There goes that. I'd prefer actives.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
try SD blackouts
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
oh, and your pinch harmonic issue could probably be solved with practicing on your vibrato. but a JB for the neck sounds too powerful. i'd go with a PAF pro in the neck, and an seymour duncan Sh-5 or sh-11 in the bridge. but let your amp do most of the work. what kind do you have?
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
You'll kill me for this one.

Line 6 Spider III 75W'er.

At least it's not some sh!tty 30W or 10W model.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
You can mix actives and passives.Something to do with different pots.Wait till someone explains bout it
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Ishiga
You'll kill me for this one.

Line 6 Spider III 75W'er.

At least it's not some sh!tty 30W or 10W model.

It's the same level ****tiness, just louder and more expensive.

I'm not a big fan of actives going into modeling amps, but it's your $$ .

I vote for a new amp.

Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Damn. The DP151 PAF pro sounds kick ass.

The DP159 Evo Bridge sounds sweet too.

151 in the neck and 159 in the bridge?

&& I like my amp. Sure it's not the best, I'll give it that. But I like the sound I get out of it.

It's a pain in the ass to work half the time but it works. It's not like I'm gigging just yet, and I'll get a new amp sooner or later.
Quote by fly135

I figured it out.
dude there was a guitar world thread on this and it recomended that you put like a 81 in the bridge then get like a seymour duncan 59 in the bridge but i wouldnt do that instead maybe get a seymour duncan distoartion for the bridge only because it would probly match a bit more better
Quote by Broken-pick
You can mix actives and passives.Something to do with different pots.Wait till someone explains bout it

You can't mix them (aka have them both on at the same time via the middle position of a 3 position switch).

You are able to have them on separately .
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by Ishiga
Damn. The DP151 PAF pro sounds kick ass.

The DP159 Evo Bridge sounds sweet too.

151 in the neck and 159 in the bridge?

&& I like my amp. Sure it's not the best, I'll give it that. But I like the sound I get out of it.

It's a pain in the ass to work half the time but it works. It's not like I'm gigging just yet, and I'll get a new amp sooner or later.

Those pickups will only sound kick ass through a good amp, which you don't have.

And contrary to what you think, you DON'T like the sound you get out of your amp - if you did you wouldn't be trying to change it with pickups, would you?

Pickups won't make a damned bit of difference with your amp, you might as well wipe your ass on a couple of $100 bills for all the good they'll do.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
It's an easy fix. You can either separate the cicuits and have the passive an a 250/500K pot and the active on the 25K, or you can buy an EMG PA2 and wire it to the output of the SD and match the impedence to the active and use the active pup's pots. I did this on my guitar and I love it. If you want to go this route or just want me to explain it more in detail, let me know.