At about the 40 second mark in this video , Vai does a strange sort of tapping lick that sounds beautiful. Can anyone here point me to some licks, songs, techniques, etc. that I could get this sort of sound with?

If there were a tab or anything for this video (it's pretty popular), that would also be really cool. Thanks
So good to see you once again.
I thought that you were hiding.
And you thought that I had run away.
Chasing the tail of dogma.
I opened my eye and there we were .
oops. shoulda watched the rest. ok. hes using more than one of his right hand fingers for tapping
R.I.P. S.R.V. dimebag ain't got nothin' on you.
R.I.P. Hendrix... nevermind, god can't die
it's just an arpeggio with a higher note tapped. like once you reach the highest note that you can sweep, then add the next highest note as a tapped one.
Quote by Sapient
At about the 40 second mark in this video , Vai does a strange sort of tapping lick that sounds beautiful. Can anyone here point me to some licks, songs, techniques, etc. that I could get this sort of sound with?

If there were a tab or anything for this video (it's pretty popular), that would also be really cool. Thanks

Holy ****.

I WAS JUST WATCHING THAT!!!one1oneone1eleven111

yes, that is an awesome solo. not just the tapping part, the sweeps, everything.
and as far as i know, there's no tab, sorry
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Quote by Sapient

id assume knowing the notes on the fretboard well would help a lot with this kind of thing. it looks like arpeggios with the upper notes tapped like someone already said.
How does Vai figure that out?

Answer - He wakes up and pisses excellence every day.
Quote by wach
How does Vai figure that out?

Answer - He wakes up and pisses excellence every day.

Talladega Nights reference much?
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Just three string (I think?) sweeps with a tapped note. It's simple stuff, really...at least in theory.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
He might be tapping the note with his right hand and then sliding it to another note.... that's what it sounds like to me at least.
Quote by Roc8995
Thin necks make you play faster because guitars with thin necks sound thin and bad, and you play fast to distract people from the bad tone.