Anybody pick this up yet? I'm going to go to B&N tomorrow and buy it, and I saw Colbert promoting it on Larry King. Anybody have opinions about it?
Quote by Xodah
Marry me.

Quote by ..NEM..
Awesome nickname, awesome sentence under the nickname and awesome avatar. Awesome opinion too. And awesome quote. I like you.
if its at least half as good as America: The Book, i think i'll enjoy it. i ordered it from amazon a few days ago, so i should have it soon.
Best book ever. Seriously, I've never laughed while reading a book until now
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Realizing that it takes more than thirty minutes a night to fix everything that's destroying America, Colbert bravely takes on the forces aligned to destroy our country—whether they be terrorists, environmentalists, or Kashi brand breakfast cereals. His various targets include nature (I've never trusted the sea. What's it hiding under there?), the Hollywood Blacklist (I would have named enough names to fill the Moscow phone book), and atheists (Imagine going through life completely duped into thinking that there's no invisible, omniscient higher power guiding every action on Earth. It's just so arbitrary!). Colbert also provides helpful illustrations and charts (Things That Are Trying to Turn Me Gay), a complete transcript of his infamous speech at the 2006 White House Correspondents' Dinner, and a special Holiday DVD, all of which add up to a book that is sure to be a bestseller and match the success of Colbert's former Daily Show boss Jon Stewart's America (The Book). (Oct.)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
The book is better than the show IMO, it's hilarious. I haven't read America: the Book yet, although I like Stewart better than Colbert.

I love the back of it:

"A great read!
I laughed, I cried,
I lost 15 pounds!
I cannot recommend this book highly enough.

-Stephen Colbert"
Quote by Turd_Ferguson
Whats' it about?

America.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
I thought it was a fake book. I can never tell when Stephen is joking damnit!
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by MedicreDemon
I thought it was a fake book. I can never tell when Stephen is joking damnit!

Same here.
͏͏͏
۩۩۩۩۩۩۩Ƒyre Ðeity۩۩۩۩۩۩۩

Quote by Here_is_no_why

"Hey Mike, did your mom have a C section when she gave birth to you? Because I wanna make sure she's tight before I bang her."
I started reading it at the bookstore, but I bought "Brave New World" instead.
Ironically, I was working at the bookstore the night it came out so I wasn't able to watch the show that night. What did he say about the book?