does anyone know how to achieve that worn look on a maple fretboard, that makes it kinda look blackened between the frets? i mean like other than simply playing the **** out of it for years and years.
like this

worn fretboard
member of the "proud owner of an Ibanez club" PM goldbuddist to join!

gear:
Deluxe Players Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400
Give it a couple of decades. OR some lighter fluid and a handful of matches.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
the worn look is just lacker wearing off and dirt getting worn into the wood.....and who are you trying to impress? If you want it to look like that then actually play...and it doesn't take a long time....after a year my tele looked like that pic
I always disliked that worn look on a maple fretboard. Don't know why someone would try to emulate it by any other means than playing.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Quote by theargus11
the worn look is just lacker wearing off and dirt getting worn into the wood.....and who are you trying to impress? If you want it to look like that then actually play...and it doesn't take a long time....after a year my tele looked like that pic

the thing is this guitar is basically a vintage look alike replica much like the fender custom shop relics and ive already done the body up to look like that, and it would look retarded to have a scuffed up worn looking body and a brand new fresh neck with no wear on it at all.

also i have many better guitars so i only play this guitar once in a blue moon, so this project is simply just for fun and somethign to do with a guitar that is otherwise useless to me, so im not trying to "impress" anyone
member of the "proud owner of an Ibanez club" PM goldbuddist to join!

gear:
Deluxe Players Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez RG320FM
Standard Stratocaster
Fender FM212R
Digitech RP400
Quote by Stratmaster69
the thing is this guitar is basically a vintage look alike replica much like the fender custom shop relics and ive already done the body up to look like that, and it would look retarded to have a scuffed up worn looking body and a brand new fresh neck with no wear on it at all.

also i have many better guitars so i only play this guitar once in a blue moon, so this project is simply just for fun and somethign to do with a guitar that is otherwise useless to me, so im not trying to "impress" anyone

Makes sense. Sorry I can't help you though. Maybe you can try taking a little piece of sandpaper and rub it with the tip of your finger where it would normally on the fretboard. As far as staining goes I have no clue, maybe (as screwed up as this is) you could scrape off the stuff from the bottom of old guitar strings and use a cloth to rub it in the grain. But I'm an idiot and that's probably what I'd do first.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab