This will be going through a Blues Jr. amp. I've narrowed it down to these few in my price range.

Rocktron Austin Gold
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS7
Digitech Bad Monkey
Snarlin' Dogs Very Tone
Marshall Blues Breaker
Marshall Guv'Nor

I've listened to the sound clips for most them and I really just don't feel as if I'm getting the true sound of these pedals.
2007 Deluxe Lone Star Strat
2004 Standard HSS Strat
1993 American Standard Strat

Peavey Classic 30 (The practice)
Mesa Lonestar Special (The gigger)
bad monkey or bluesbreaker. ts-7 is pretty legit as well. very-tone is more of an equalizer.
Quote by TehJermie
bad monkey or bluesbreaker. ts-7 is pretty legit as well. very-tone is more of an equalizer.

Those 2 were top on my list. The only other one I was curious about was the Austin Gold...lots of good reviews on all them though.
2004 Standard HSS Strat

I have the Bad Monkey, its probably one of the few quality Digitech pedals, I love it. It doesn't get real heavy but can get the job done for blues, punk, and classic rock. Just don't expect any serious drive from it, its a great solo booster tho, and keeps the original tone of your guitar well.
Quote by 03SVTCobra
Those 2 were top on my list. The only other one I was curious about was the Austin Gold...lots of good reviews on all them though.

meh, i was never really into the rocktron stuff. they pretty much just copied a lot of other pedals(though this can be said about many things) and put them into bulky/tremendously ugly pedal casings. the gain boost is nice, but other pedals have that capability. nothing special really IMO.
Quote by PumpkinPieces
I have the Bad Monkey, its probably one of the few quality Digitech pedals, I love it. It doesn't get real heavy but can get the job done for blues, punk, and classic rock. Just don't expect any serious drive from it, its a great solo booster tho, and keeps the original tone of your guitar well.

Yeah...the only thing that has me hung up from going after the bad monkey over the rest, is that I have a RP300 multieffects pedal and it BLOWS. So I wasn't sure if I should even waste my time looking into this pedal.

That is, however, exactly what I'm looking for, overdrive and crunch without loss of tone. Those vintage noiseless in my 93 really shine through the blues jr. and I didn't want to lose that to a pedal.
2004 Standard HSS Strat

Quote by TehJermie
meh, i was never really into the rocktron stuff. they pretty much just copied a lot of other pedals(though this can be said about many things) and put them into bulky/tremendously ugly pedal casings. the gain boost is nice, but other pedals have that capability. nothing special really IMO.

How is the quality though? Are they bad copies into bulky stuff, or do they bring a nice sound to the table?
2004 Standard HSS Strat

bad monkey indeed adds nice tubey overdrive to your tone. though it doesnt change much when your amp is at high gain settings. but that wont be a problem with the blues jr! it sounds natural and the eq on it works very well and is usable (doesnt muddify your tone) on either extreme of its settings
From your list I'd say the Bad Monkey, but out of curiousity, why'd you disinclude the OD-2? I tried it out, and for the price of it, you can get some nice sounds out of it.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
I have the Boss BD-2 bluesdriver, and I think it's really good (not just for blues, but other music too). Gives a nice light or heavy crunch and it's transparent, which I like. IMO it's good for all kinds of rock (though not metal), blues and punk depending on the settings. The only thing I don't like though is it doesn't have long sustain.

I also heard the Boss OD-3 is amazing, but I never tried it. I want it though.

And some people may flame me, but I think the ElectroHarmonix Double Muff works great as an OD pedal. It gives a vintage (not sure what styles you play) OD with some fuzz. It's called a Muff, but it's more overdrive actually.
I nominate the fulltone fulldrive, or the fulltone OCD

if your going to get an overdrive pedal you might as well get a really good one which you will keep for decades

for me overdrive is my main pedal so invest a little more in a OD is WORTH IT!
Bad Monkey, it's great.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm "taking notes" in History right now. AKA copying the powerpoint slide down, then surfing UG.com and HarmonyCentral

I'll check into the Boss stuff too now that you guys mention it.
2004 Standard HSS Strat

check ebay for a Korg Toneworks 105od

it's out of production now but it retailed somewhere around $200 (or less)

I nabbed one on ebay for £20 ($40) and have tried it alongside my friends ibanez ts-9 through his marshall dsl. despite the fact the korg is digital it beat the TS by a long shot imo, and his too.

reading some reviews on HC there are claims of reliability issues but mine has been kicked around all over the place and 3 months later (bought used by someone who'd had it for years) it's still working fine.

I can get clips in about 2 weeks but that's a long way away lol (getting recording equipment and my ENGL thunder arrives next week, can't wait)

anyway if you can score a good deal (if you even find one) it's definitely worth it, if not i quite liked the bad monkey too
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
How about some other chioces? Like a Klon Centaur or a LovePedal Eternity? Life is to short to play sterile guitar.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.