well, i just broke my first string, my high E.

now, i'm no noob, i can actually play fairly decent, sweep pretty quickly, "shred", a little slower than actual shred, if you will.

what i was doing is tension training- because if you downtune everything, it's a hell of a lot easier to play. so i was thinking, tune everything up a whole step and play like that for a month or so, and then just tune back down to standard. dandy.

worked out fine for a while, but i tried a bend on my high E and it broke. guess i should have had better intuition than that.

anyway, I seriously have no clue how to change strings. help?

also, thoughts on my uptuning/tension training idea?
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.
Tuning higher than standard is a little risky. You have to be very careful. Besides, if you want it harder to play, just buy thicker gauges.

Also, I can't help you tell how to restring if you don't tell me what kind of guitar you have.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
oh pfft :P its an epi g-310. crap guitar, i know.

got a tune-o-matic type bridge.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Just buy a higher gauge of string...Move up a gauge at a time. Like, if you're playing 9's right now, move up to 10's until you get used to those, then go ahead and move up to 11's. One you get used to THOSE, move back down to 9's.
You can sweep pick and shred.........yet you don't know how to re-string? Isn't that a little odd? I suck at playing and i can re-string. I could restring before i could do alot of things.
using thicker gauge strings will also get you a better tone than thinner strings.
Quote by marsvoltaguy
i say both. you always have the option to not use the pedal at all but it will still be there like that obsessed chick you took to homecoming and never called again, sitting there waiting for your call. so yea both
Quote by T.Rextacy
You can sweep pick and shred.........yet you don't know how to re-string? Isn't that a little odd? I suck at playing and i can re-string. I could restring before i could do alot of things.

I find that odd as well. It took me 2 years of changing strings and playing metallica covers before I even heard of shred...
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by T.Rextacy

Yeah, I thought that was sort of weird too. I learned how to re-string a guitar when I was still playing Black Dog over and over because I didn't know anything else to play.
well um, can anybody help me out here?

and yes, i'm too lazy to go google it.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Quote by T.Rextacy

Yeah, +1 to that.
Quote by aequitasveritas
well um, can anybody help me out here?

and yes, i'm too lazy to go google it.

Did you try the lessons section of UG? They have a good video.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio