okay so on stairway to heaven I cannot get my fingers to this I have tried diffrent ways and I cant bar it or however it is spelled because then I cant leave the 1st string open so anyone wanna tell me some ways to do it?

---0---
---1---
---2---
---3---
---3---
---1---
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
Play it like this:

e---0---
B---1--- pointer finger
G---2--- middle finger
D---3--- ring finger
A---X---
E---X---
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
umm, dont play the low F in it, jus play it

---0---
---1---
---2---
---4---
---3---
-------

still sounds good to me
Proud member of r0k 4 Chr15t club, PM T3hRav3n/christianbassis to join.

The Rig:
Dean Icon
Cimar strat-copy
Ibanez GRX-40
Dean Edge-1 Bass
Digitech RpX400
Peavey Rage 158

Creater of Tuba players united, pm to join.
icon_player_5....no...just no
Member #3 of the Breaking Benjamin Fanclub PM Electric7 to join.
Use your thumb on the low e string. Or just ignore it and play X33210.
Quote by Kartman
Play it like this:

e---0---
B---1--- pointer finger
G---2--- middle finger
D---3--- ring finger
A---X---
E---X---

umm if this will work then I will use it I just want to know if this works out as well as the way I cant do
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."
you could play open low e and barre the high e

it might not sound exactly like the other way, but it is the same notes, but the jump in ocataves does make it sound different, just be wary
The chord in the song is an FMAJ7. It is played the way "Kartman" shows it (on the first 4 strings) with the F bass note being on the 4th string.
"and when you lose control, you'll reap the harvest that you've sewn"
The chord in the song is an FMAJ7. It is played the way "Kartman" shows it (on the first 4 strings) with the F bass note being on the 4th string.

^+1
Guitar is one of those things where it doesnt have to be played the way the book says it every time. Play it how ever it works for you. And with most chords there are 2 or 3 ways to do it at different places on the fret board. I dont remember that particular chord being used. Or I just learned to play it in a different place. Its music jimmi page plays it several different ways himself.
Tackleberry, it has nothing to do with any book. That EXACT chord in that EXACT position is used (by Jimmy) in the famous intro and continuously throughout the song in whatever version you have heard. If you "don't remember" playing it it is because you are playing the song wrong...period.
"and when you lose control, you'll reap the harvest that you've sewn"
Quote by gijoe
Tackleberry, it has nothing to do with any book. That EXACT chord in that EXACT position is used (by Jimmy) in the famous intro and continuously throughout the song in whatever version you have heard. If you "don't remember" playing it it is because you are playing the song wrong...period.

You can't play a song "wrong". You can play a song however you want to. It might not be how the original artist did, but that doesn't make it "wrong". It's good to make songs your own.